Check out this....

-
I'll be doing the same when things dry out. I went from an 11 second car about 13 years ago to a 10 second car today. Going so long without driving anything remotely quick had my Duster feeling like a top fuel car out in front of the house lol. I was hesitant to get after it too much on the road. Next year will be different having some seat time now. I kinda feel like I've hijacked this thread. I'll shut up now.

I'll be doing the same when things dry out. I went from an 11 second car about 13 years ago to a 10 second car today. Going so long without driving anything remotely quick had my Duster feeling like a top fuel car out in front of the house lol. I was hesitant to get after it too much on the road. Next year will be different having some seat time now. I kinda feel like I've hijacked this thread. I'll shut up now.
Nah, @MOPARMAGA doesn't mind! lol

You didn't hijack the thread. Besides hijacked threads are my favorite

Thanks. We will for sure be making a trip or two over next year. I may need to do a gear change or throw a big ol tire on it. Currently running 4.88s and a 28" tire.
How big of a tire can you fit ?

I'm actually not sure. I'd have to look but I may be able to go 30" without moving things around.
I'm hoping all my stuff fits, I haven't test fit anything yet lol. I haven't even had my 2 year old slicks mounted and balanced.
It's only a 30.6 tall tire 29.5 11.5w 15 on a 12 inch wheel. But I've decided to run 4.10 gears

I'm hoping all my stuff fits, I haven't test fit anything yet lol. I haven't even had my 2 year old slicks mounted and balanced.
It's only a 30.6 tall tire 29.5 11.5w 15 on a 12 inch wheel. But I've decided to run 4.10 gears
We work in a similar fashion lol. I should have gone with a 4.10 or 4.30 I think.

I'm running a 29" tall tire with 4.30 gears....I'm sure I will see the shift light on before I go through the traps.... lol
I think mine had a 29 or 29.5 on it when I got it with a 4.30 gear. It worked well. It's been so long now I can't remember why I went with a 28 but I chose the gear with the mindset of it being 1/8 only. I need to do some figuring and maybe pony up and buy a bigger tire and wheel to swap out.

We work in a similar fashion lol. I should have gone with a 4.10 or 4.30 I think.
It will be interesting. I have a set of 4.56 gears too but I'd rather see what happens with the 4.10s as I'd like any unnecessary abuse to be at a minimum. My 470 still makes power up at 7k but why push it to hard

Last edited:
Pro stocks are geared to be on the rev limiter just before the stripe. If you watch (and listen to) in car footage you’ll see (and hear) it.

-
Back