Status
Not open for further replies.

clhyer

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Working on a '72 Duster.
Would like to find a couple sets of bumper bolts. Condition of the chrome is not important as I am going to sandblast and paint them. Got any old ones? Shoot me a PM.
Thanks,
C

if your just gonna paint them can't ya just buy some cheap carriage bolts?

PFC%20images%20020.jpg

I have looked at regular carriage bolts. Zinc plated ones have a much smaller head on them, galvanized cb's have a "little larger" head on them, and stainless steel ones have a head nearly the right size. SS ones run about $1.50+ each.
I will be using fiberglass bumpers, so I wanted to get as large a head as I could.
I may have to bite the bullet on new ones, though.
Thanks!
C

Thank you, Old Demon. I've given many small parts away, maybe this is karma coming back for me!
C

I have looked at regular carriage bolts. Zinc plated ones have a much smaller head on them, galvanized cb's have a "little larger" head on them, and stainless steel ones have a head nearly the right size. SS ones run about $1.50+ each.
I will be using fiberglass bumpers, so I wanted to get as large a head as I could.
I may have to bite the bullet on new ones, though.
Thanks!
C
I would go with the stainless ones. Odds are if you use the bumper as a bumper it will get broken no matter what fastener you use. The stainless ones can be polished to a chrome like finish that lasts virtually forever.

I've got some decent ones, not sure of how many but I should have a full set for both front and rear. If you're still interested, PM me your mailing address. And you're quite welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back