Checking in from South Georgia

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Just made it down here. Attending Lights Out 15@ SGMP.
Looking forward to seeing what Stevie Fast can do with his brand new car.
Gota a buddy down here who is racing his Hemi powered Belvedere in a 6.0 index class they have at this event.
Usually Kenny Ford( owns PTC) races his Mopar in that class too.

NICE! Enjoy the day! A nice up tic in temps vs Portage I would think.

Don and Stephanie put on a good show. Stevie is gonna be hard to beat.

I simply LOVE SGMP.

I wish it wasn't a 4 plus hour drive one way, or I'd be there way more than the once about every three-four years.

How is the track doing attendance and profitability wise since all the improvements?

I simply LOVE SGMP.

I wish it wasn't a 4 plus hour drive one way, or I'd be there way more than the once about every three-four years.

How is the track doing attendance and profitability wise since all the improvements?
Not sure about how the track does regards anything other than Lights Out.
But this event packs them in. On Saturday night they are lining the rails 3 or 4 deep and the stands are literally packed.

4 hours..lol
It’s 15 hours for me and I am pushing 70.
Thank God for Aleve, needed it this morning. Waiting for this drizzle to end, so I can head to the track!

I saw Steve’s pass the other day when he went number one and expired an engine. Man he’s flying.

Thought it appeared to let go.
Think he went 60 with his next shot after that. Fixing to jump in the shower and head down to the track.
Hang out with a buddy from Lansing racing in 6.0
Belvedere with a hemi. Al Alguires old car. Has new driveline now.Been as quick as 9.12 at 3700+ pounds.

Whoa! Ya need some power to push that weight to that ET.
Yikes!

Whoa! Ya need some power to push that weight to that ET.
Yikes!

Yea, Jim did the whole motor himself, except for machining. Jack at Valley performance did that( guy with the engine masters 360 with Victor heads) He did my short block
Jim used to help out around Muscle Motors before they closed.
Will get a picture of his ride when I get to the track. VERY nice car

Jim’s bad arse 65

IMG_1296.jpeg

Several cars I thought were cool. And Stevie’s car.

Guy on the pit bike is Kenny Ford, owner of PTC, and a Mopar guy through and through.
He was telling me he owns around 100 cars

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1295.jpeg

Jim ended up getting down to 5 cars in 6.0, great job with a heavy car like that on a .400 tree.
I was mistaken about the hemi, he swapped it out( finally took the hood off it..lol) Bulldog block
Has a 572 B1 deal now with an ATM single carb( dominator)

Ahhh....I'm sure it's looking great sitting there!! And I'm sure you'll meet your goal too. All the best to you!!

Just watched. My Dart is sitting on the showroom until I get to 299 on the scales and get the keys back from the boss, hopefully in May, got racin I want to do
I hope your wife doesn't contact my wife. I don't want my wife getting any ideas.......lol

-
Back