Checking in with a 73 Duster my Grandpa and I split today

-

Lexus

Reaction score
Howdy from Kentucky,

Today my Grandpa and I went halfs on this 73 Duster with a 318 and 727. We've been hunting a car to buy for a while now and we ran into this Plymouth. I've wanted him to get a car he loves for so long. I can't wait to cruise around with him when we get this thing 100%. I've only owned modern cars to this point, currently I have a Lexus SC300 if any of you are familiar (my favorite car) and a Challenger R/T(peek of it in the third picture).

If anyone has any suggestions I'm game to hear you out.
I'd like to find a wider pair of these wheels for the rear also, I think that'd really look great - or potentially trade into a set of something we like more.

Glad to be a part of the forum! Enjoy your day!

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

72117249019__C91A3596-4631-415E-AF4F-477D42C31DEF.jpg

WOW I misread that, when I read the title I thought that you and your Gramps had split up!!! That is awesome

So far as wheels you need to find out if it is the small or large bolt pattern wheels, as the wheel selection is much greater with the 4 1/2" pattern. (Ford, AMC etc)

So you will have to make a decision whether to convert if it is the small pattern wheels. Starting in 73, factory front disk brake cars were large pattern.

Looks like a good start for your project. Love you’ve bonded with your grandpa.
Don’t see a pic of your Challenger, though.

A little rough around the edges but nearly everything is there. Not a huge fan of the finish on the stripes or vinyl tops personally, but we will see. Thanks, hes an awesome guy. Its in the 3rd pic behind the duster, heres a better pic

IMG_1895.jpg

-
Back