checking valve to piston clearance with hyd lifters?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
I need to check my valve to piston clearance in the 360 Mag I am building right now. I was going to use the clay method. If I am doing this with hydraulic lifters, how can I ensure an accurate measurement? Is there a way to ensure that the lifters are fully pumped up before proceeding?

Thanks,

CE

Oh, and anyone know what the min clearances are for int and exh on a magnum engine?

What are the specs on the cam are you running?

I need to check my valve to piston clearance in the 360 Mag I am building right now. I was going to use the clay method. If I am doing this with hydraulic lifters, how can I ensure an accurate measurement? Is there a way to ensure that the lifters are fully pumped up before proceeding?

Thanks,

CE

Oh, and anyone know what the min clearances are for int and exh on a magnum engine?
I took 2 old lifters apart and shimmed them to make them solild lifters. Cut a bolt to length so the cup/piston wouldnt move, leaving it right at the height that i could still get the snap ring in to hold the cup in in place. I have seen the same done with washers stacked up too.

I just use a 273 adjustable lifter, push rod, and rocker arm, then adjust to zero lash...

Then use the hydraulic set up after I verify the clearance is good...

I took 2 old lifters apart and shimmed them to make them solild lifters. Cut a bolt to length so the cup/piston wouldnt move, leaving it right at the height that i could still get the snap ring in to hold the cup in in place. I have seen the same done with washers stacked up too.

Good idea. Solid lifters I don't have. Making one never ocurred to me! I'll use a few of the old lifters to fabricobble some solid ones. Thank you!

-
Back