Chest pain

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
Tuesday when I got home from workI was having some light chest pains,nothing really bad.It felt like someone punched me in the chest.I told my wife that I was worried about it,,,so off to the immeadiate care center we go.They did a EKG and said that there was something wrong but they couldnt do anything.They called EMS to take me to the emergency room where I sat in the waiting room for 5 hours.they finally admitted me at 3 amand told me that they would do a stress test in the morning.I finally got the stress test and passed with flying colors.so they did a cat scan of my heart and the doctor said he saw something but wasnt sure what.I had to have the tube inserted in my groin but no one would do it on a holiday so I had to sit in hospital for an extra day.Long story shortened I got home tonight at about 9 pm and all is well.They didnt find anything....................................................Jeff

That sounds like a lot of stress to got through just to get good news. ;-)

Glad to hear you're in good shape!

Taking the cath is the only way to be sure if you have a blockage or other problems.Now you have the piece of mind knowing nothing is wrong.Been through all that

This is why I hate going to a Doctor. The system has no consideration whatsoever for your time involved. I've often threatened to send them a bill for my lost time. Rant Over

BTW I'm glad your'e healthy and they didn't find anything wrong.

So you had a pain they never identified, and couldn't find and identify what the doc saw on the cat scan?

Am I reading this correct. If so I would take those records to get another opinion.

Taking the cath is the only way to be sure if you have a blockage or other problems.Now you have the piece of mind knowing nothing is wrong.Been through all that

I wish they would just cut to the chase and do that test first. I have been stress tested twice
and nothing found. Just a "You're ok, you can go home now." You should have seen the cardiologist's eyes when I stepped off the tread mill and he said I was ok and I told him I was having pains at that instant. He still released me. I had a rib out of place that my chiropractor found and fixed that time. Good to hear you are ok. tmm

I sometimes wonder if chiropractors are smarter than MD's????????

for me, I see the Vet first, chiro second, and MD at last resort????? O K so the lady palm reader somewhere in between??

Thanks everyone,Im just glad to be ok.Still have a little chest pain(Doc says pulled muscle)but now I have pain in my leg from cath.Snould go away soom........................................................Jeff

you faired better than I did. Found a 90% blockage on one 50% on another and 25% on one more. Stented the 90% and it reclogged , now it is shortness of bresth doing any type of work or stressful times. Dr. says come see me for open heart when you can't stand it any longer. So I have learned to work smarter and slower not harder and faster. Take care and do not ignore any signs. I am hoping to live long enough to see my grand daughter drive my Duster for the first time, it is hers when I GO TO MOPAR LAND ABOVE.

I sometimes wonder if chiropractors are smarter than MD's????????

for me, I see the Vet first, chiro second, and MD at last resort????? O K so the lady palm reader somewhere in between??

Sometimes I wonder if they know right away that its OK, but "think they see something", to pad their pockets a little more. I don't trust doctors now days.

Glad your ok. I went through a similar deal 7 years ago. The doc said stress test and cat scan looked ok but a slight shadow on scan. Doc said he didn't think it was a problem but if I had concern he would do a cath. Few days later he does the cath and tells me I have two 90% blocked arteries. Couple days later in the hospital and his partner is going to put in two stints. First one went ok, second one went bad as he poked a hole in the arterie and next thing I know I have a heart attack on the table. I feel pretty lucky to be here today! #-o

-
Back