Chicagoland Mopar show May 18th 2014

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Chicagoland Mopar car show this Sunday May 18th? I will be there in the Duster it is always a good show and swap.....

I'll be there, probably just to buy parts. I would bring my challenger, if I could stay all day, but I don't think i can.

Very disappointed 150 car or so and 1/3 of them new Chargers and Challengers.I have been to this show several times but I think this year was the last.

I skipped it. Wasn't real happy with the show up in the area where there are a lot of cruise nights around there plus the mopar in the park show which is about 40 min north of there then the belvedere show that's about 20 min north west of the park show. This or one of the other shows need to come back to Naperville or even farther south like oak lawn etc.. Something south of I-88. But I'm not a member anymore anyway so who cares what I think.

Was that the gold one? I was there and didn't run into you, but got some pics of the car.

The last time I went when still a member I entered my Dart in modified class. The
winner in the class didn't even have rear glass installed. Its just a popularity event. Needless to say I knew no one and will never be back. Not saying my car should have placed but I know the one without rear glass was real popular shouldn"t have cause it wasn't finished. Perhaps that's why the turnout is low?
Just sayin' that's all.
Very nice Twister BTW.

The last time I went when still a member I entered my Dart in modified class. The
winner in the class didn't even have rear glass installed. Its just a popularity event. Needless to say I knew no one and will never be back. Not saying my car should have placed but I know the one without rear glass was real popular shouldn"t have cause it wasn't finished. Perhaps that's why the turnout is low?
Just sayin' that's all.
Very nice Twister BTW.

Too bad you didn't go, I still haven't met you yet and we live so close.... :banghead:

I've learned through the years not to expect to win a show. Sometimes it is politics who wins. I just go to see the cars, browse the swap section, and then go home. Trying to win a show sometimes becomes too much work and you have to stay later or get there earlier than you would like to just to enter the show and be stuck there like you have a ball and chain to your foot. I like to be free to come and go as I please.

Several nice looking A-Body Mopars there....Thanks for the pics KK :thumbup:

-
Back