ChickenFoot

-

Max340

Reaction score
Chad Smith, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani, Sammy Hagar. I am awaiting the CD delivery. Should be pretty good.

The thought of Micheal Anthony (one of the LEAST talented Bassists out there making money) playing with Joe Satriani ( a guitar master) makes my nuts burn and I can taste a little vomit in my mouth when I think about it. It's like Carrot Top performing with Penn & Teller....

Chad is great with the Chili Peppers, Hagar I can tolerate, but Mike & Joe?!?!?!?! Geeez.... going from Stu Hamm to Micheal Anthony is like dumping your supermodel wife for the 4am bar ***** :angry7:

JUST MY .02

I think it is marketing genious on Sammy Hagars part, but a 1 or 2 cd band at best. It should be awesome music, Joe is the best player out there, once again Sammy has a great back up band.

Sammy attempted this in the 80's with Neil Schon, Kenny Aaronson and Mike Shieve (HSAS - think I'm off on the spelling of a couple). Not too bad of an album. Curious about Chickenfoot...song isn't too bad.

HSAS was pretty good, I can't find my tape of them anymore. Michael Anthony may be lacking in talent, but could still play Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D Minor during a bass solo in Montage PA more than a few years ago.

After seeing the Tonight show video, I'm wondering if they can go more than a single album. I'm hoping it was just bad taping/acoustics or something on that clip.

-
Back