Chickens & ducks!

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
Spent the weekend picking up some chickens and ducks with the wife. One of her coworkers decoded raising chickens and ducks just wasn't her thing. Got 4 laying hens, 4 chicks, one Drake, one duck, and 5 ducklings. The ducklings are meat ducks, but were probably going to find another female, and keep one of the male ducklings for breading.

Going to get started on the hen house in the garden weekend after next. Till then, the chickens are roosting in a shed next to the pump house. The ducks are roosting in a dog house in the garden.

[ame]https://youtu.be/UVYm5vTuOPI[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/IB6Z6XlUL6s[/ame]

j

keep in mind that when you keep fowls like that they need a good home
I would suggest you put up a 30 foot pole barn to house them in ;)

The shop ( 34*40 ) will come when the house gets built. Hopefully soon...

j

keep in mind that when you keep fowls like that they need a good home
I would suggest you put up a 30 foot pole barn to house them in ;)

And they love Mopars, lots of them. 1 per bird

yes a BIG shop with a small lean to off the back for the birds!!!!! keep in mind, for every step a duck takes, it also takes a poop!! LOL chickens can go raito of maybe 20:1 ! LOL

yes a BIG shop with a small lean to off the back for the birds!!!!! keep in mind, for every step a duck takes, it also takes a poop!! LOL chickens can go raito of maybe 20:1 ! LOL

Are you saying that ducks run richer than chickens??? #-o

Maybe you need to re-jet them, like a carb... LOL! :D

LMAO! Y'all are hilarious...

We've got about a dozen eggs already, and hope the other two hens start laying soon. Once we get the hen house built, I think we are going to get some more ducks, so we can have duck eggs as well as chicken eggs. Might even be a rooster in the future, so we can raise dinner chickens as well.

chlngr1970, you are ahead of the game as the birdflu has made the American chicken industry euthanize hundreds of thousands of chickens, & over 27,000 turkeys in several states. Prices could rise drastically.

-
Back