Chinese Holley

-
You couldn’t pay me $400 to put that on my engine. You can buy 3310s at swap meets for like $50 each. I have 3 of them and I don’t think I’ve ever payed more than that for one. Hell one of them I got free.

I stuck a Chinese Weber copy on an old Datsun. Couldn't tell the difference. Derek at Vice Grip Garage has used a few of the Chinese reps with good results, but every time he does he seems to feel a little dirty doing it.

I have found over the years that the Chinese replicas can be excellent or trash and it's really a game of chance - you're gambling on which you will get since there is very little recourse when the SherryBerg corporation no longer exists tomorrow.

The Chinese have already hacked your link....run away. All I see is crappy Chinese womens clothing for sale.

For those that can’t see the link.

9CBA7368-FCF6-4CDB-A0BF-2F9DBEC5D870.png

My hard earned American money will go to a used bee infested Holley from a swap meet or a gold plated one from Bowling Green factory long before I'd give one red cent to the chuckin' Fineese!

Being serious for a minute, I wonder how much longer it will be before Holley, Edelbrock, Hooker, TTI, and all the rest are Chinesium? Corporate greed being what it is.....

I'm sold on QFT products and I don't give a crap where they're made.

A Chinese Holley would be pronounced "Horrey"...

(Chinese can't say the "L" sound...)

To be fair, aren't Proform carbs manufactured overseas? I've had great luck with them.

Proform, MSD, many of the parts used to assemble a lot of the "made in the USA" stuff. The reality is that there are many very good products made in China by companies that put effort into oversight of the manufacturing process.

The flip side of the coin, with manufacturing anywhere (including the US) is if a company is not worried about QC or their reputation then they will ship whatever they want and not stand behind it. This is where Chinese manufacturing has gotten its reputation. Many of the products out there are made by a no-name and then a "brand" is slapped on it for drop shipping. That's why there are 100 identical toasters on Amazon with different brand names. Then you get nefarious and add in the fact that many companies contract for 1,000 items and the manufacturer makes 1,500 and sells the remaining 500 as bootlegs. Where the item is made is much less important from a quality standpoint than how the item is made. Opinions about supporting other countries is a whole different discussion.

Edelbrock no longer produces carbs so that means no more Qjets or Carters. Their reasoning is that they are obsolete! FI is the future so that's where they're going to put that money. If you need one or two for your Hemi this should add a little more urgency to your search.

-
Back