choke or no choke?

-

Cal_gecko

Citron Yella!!
Reaction score
On my Edelbrock 1405 (600 cfm) on my 360, I don't have a choke hooked up .. .is this really necessary? I live in CA, so it's not like I'm taking the car out in freezing cold weather.

I have ran without a choke on many cars over the years and I like up here in Oregon.

A choke is a nice convenience but one you can live without, especially if you live in a warmer climate.

I'm in Canada and I don't have a choke on my 750 Holley, just a few pumps and she fires right up.

Up here in N Idaho, I started my 67 on a few days down into the "low 20's" (That's F, not C) with an Edelbrock 650. About 4 pumps and it runs.

I run a factory TQ but boy is she ever a ***** when the motors cold - even in the summer months - anyone have the same problem?

i have my entire choke set-up pulled off the my 1406 and it works great. fires the first crank of the starter with no pumping...

Lived in AZ for years, never needed a choke on anything....

I run a factory TQ but boy is she ever a ***** when the motors cold - even in the summer months - anyone have the same problem?

It could be your fuel is evaporating from the bowls. I had the same problem until I installed a small electric draw through pump. I run no choke, I just turn the pump on hit the pedal a couple of times and she fires right up. Then I shut the pump off.

On my Edelbrock 1405 (600 cfm) on my 360, I don't have a choke hooked up .. .is this really necessary? I live in CA, so it's not like I'm taking the car out in freezing cold weather.

Nope, not necessary. It's a just makes life easier in colder climates on a daily driver so you don't have to sit there and manually muck with the idle via the throttle while it warms up or pump the crap out of it when it hits 0 F or below.

-
Back