Choke thermostat /RAGE

-
Don't forget to try the jumper wire too. The fact that it didn't flash my clamp-on timing light reliably and coil+ voltage was low (6 V) suggests an ignition problem.

Don't forget to try the jumper wire too. The fact that it didn't flash my clamp-on timing light reliably and coil+ voltage was low (6 V) suggests an ignition problem.

YES! I'm going to do this after I get the gaskets on. Once I can rule out Vac leak and the issue is still there this is the next step. Although I have slapped a timing light on it lateley and its been fine.

Of course this all depends on the rain today haha.

Was on the car most of the day today. After installing the new gaskets I decided to pull everything and start from scratch. Every hose, fitting, plug, you name it I took it out of the engine compartment and cleaned or replaced it.

Pulled the dist. checked the point gap. Used a home made piston stop and found exactly where TDC was (I had never done this before and I'm sure I was off a few teeth).

Sanded off the connections on the wires that lead to the coil and alt. Plugged everything back in. Jumped in and placed the key and lo and behold she started up within a few seconds. Took off with amazing power. Stops and runs fantastic. No stutter or stall, no dimming of lights.

I am glad to have her back healthy and running like a champ. Thank you everyone for all the help. I'm thinking that there was a combination of a lot of small things that were wrong. Mostly really dirty/corroded wires, tubes, and the like.

-
Back