choke wire

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Where can I tap in the choke wire under the dash. I was thinking to splice it in the cig.lighter wire but can both work at the same time. Or would splicing into the radio wire .... was worried it may cause static in the radio or noise. Any other suggestions would be great as long as it connects under the dash since that is where the wire is run to.

Cigarette lighter may be unswitched. Radio typically has 5A fuse, choke may draw an amp or more. If IGN is used make, sure you are not on coil side of ballast resistor.

Run it to your fusebox and connect it to a switched source (ie: zero volts to the fuse with key in off).

Must be switched, not live all the time.

I ran mine off of the IN side of the ballast resistor. There was even an extra spade that wasn't being used on it. Power only when key is on and the no running the wire through the firewall.

Ballast resistor(red wire). The wiring stays under hood.
Where can I tap in the choke wire under the dash. I was thinking to splice it in the cig.lighter wire but can both work at the same time. Or would splicing into the radio wire .... was worried it may cause static in the radio or noise. Any other suggestions would be great as long as it connects under the dash since that is where the wire is run to.

20170620_160743.jpg

20170620_160723.jpg

-
Back