Choosing a filter for your Synthetic Oil

-
I like the look of that Amsoil filter. That thing looks sturdy.

It looks like a fleece material, not paper.
The fleece filters have a more whitish look as opposed to the yellowish look of the paper filters.

I have good luck with the fleece filters as opposed to the paper filters.

The paper one's seem to degrade and get brittle and crumble especially with synthetic oil.
I use alot of the fleece cartridge type oil filters on Mercedes and it seems that every time I remove some else's "jiffy lube special" paper filter, they always crumble when you take them out of the filter cartridge.
I have not had a fleece one crumble yet, they are always still soft and pliable when removed.

Im looking at Using either Amsoil or Royal Purple with an ZDDP Additive with a good WIX filter. Used a crappy Fram on brake in and Oil Pressure when I started the Car was Horrible, put the Wix on and all was good.

I use Wix, Hastings, Purelator in that order.
All are good filters.

Fleetguard is actually part of Cummins Filtration. They make filters under their own name and OEM for several other manufacturers. Caterpillar came up with a really tough standard that Fleetguard was one of the first to meet.

We routinely used Fleetguard filters in both our John Deere rental and customer owned construction machinery. Never had any filter related issues with either the spin-on or the cartridge types.

I never bothered to cross the Wix 51515 that I use to a Fleetguard. But now that I have, I'll be buying a few. Most Cat or John Deere parts counters ought to have them, or can get them for you.

-
Back