Choosing a Rebuild Kit (TF 727)

-

JoJo

Reaction score
I've been browsing around for a rebuild kit for my transmission and I'm curious about the clutch colors. The transmission will see the track on occasions, but mostly driven on the street daily. The transmission has a B&M Shift Kit installed already. What would be a good kit (that won't put a huge dent in my pockets) to purchase? Are the kits on eBay decent?

Seems like the ebay kits have all of those parts and maybe one or two more but come shipped for $75. Not sure if their the same or not but im really considering a roll of the dice lol

"You get what you pay for." lol

"You get what you pay for." lol

I know but a $25 can't make that big of a difference can it? I looked again and i see that that kit doesnt come with a band so that may be why its a little cheaper. As far as quality it says it has alto tan clutches and new steels.

It shouldn't make much of a difference. Is it mandatory to replace the bands when rebuilding a transmission. I don't think my conscious will allow me to replace just the clutches.

Idk if its just a typo or not but the ebay kit says its made by transparts. I wonder if their related to transtar?
also whts tge difference between an A727 and a 727? Just one is dodge and the other is chrysler maybe? I know dodge and chrysler are pretty much the same buti didnt know if maybe they each had their own part number or something.

Spend a couple extra bucks for the good stuff.
Red Alto clutches,Kolene steels,Kevlar bands.
Do it once,do it right.

Spend a couple extra bucks for the good stuff.
Red Alto clutches,Kolene steels,Kevlar bands.
Do it once,do it right.
Yep....Buddy owns a shop, he used TransGo components for years but has recently switched over to Sonnax with great results......

hope you dont need thrust washers......

second kit is missing steels..

good luck

hope you dont need thrust washers......

second kit is missing steels..

good luck

You have a point there with thrust washers. You have the front planet, sun gear/planet, and the 3-tab output washers.

The e-bay kits are almost always lacking something that you need. That's why their cheaper. As the man says "you gets what you pay for".

Oh yeah as to the reference of if transparts being related to transtar, my guess is that's a marketing ploy to make you think so. Reminds me of all the Chineese namesounds-a-like junk you find on there.

-
Back