choosing correct shocks

-
Depends on your budget,and what you expect out of them. Basic street /strip use: Competition Engineering/Koni/ Lakewood. More serious about tuning for every bit of E.T: fully adjustable shocks(QA1/AFCO). More adjustment on these,also more expensive .What rear suspension you use affects,also. If running like a CalTracs leaf spring /bar setup,Rancho RS 9000 shocks are recommended. How much do you want to spend,what do you want it to do? Listing the combination, helps here.

Depends on your budget,and what you expect out of them. Basic street /strip use: Competition Engineering/Koni/ Lakewood. More serious about tuning for every bit of E.T: fully adjustable shocks(QA1/AFCO). More adjustment on these,also more expensive .What rear suspension you use affects,also. If running like a CalTracs leaf spring /bar setup,Rancho RS 9000 shocks are recommended. How much do you want to spend,what do you want it to do? Listing the combination, helps here.

Probably use some mancinni xhd leaf springs. Don't need a all out race setup for my power. Gonna build a 400 to 425 horse 360. Use a good 9 inch slick with 355 gear

Probably use some mancinni xhd leaf springs. Don't need a all out race setup for my power. Gonna build a 400 to 425 horse 360. Use a good 9 inch slick with 355 gear

Similar ,to my Scamp setup. Have Competition Products adjustable on the front ,work great on a budget. Those on all four corners,should take care of you. Summit,Jegs both carry them.
Wait and see if anyone else chimes in.The more input in,can sometimes help in decision making.

I run the SS leaf springs and QA1 single adjustables out back with a 26x9.5 drag radial, and I can get it to hook pretty well. I've gone 1.7 in the 60' on a soft launch.

I have the xhd springs in my '70 duster with the cheap Summit drag shocks set at 90/10 in the front 50/50 in the rear and a pinion snubber..car 60' in the 1.40's with my 416.. 1.60's with my 360..not to shabby:D:D

What kyb shocks do u have

Your sire name lists 71 Scamp. If so KYB only does KYB Gas-a- just's,no other options.(kg5511 for the rear,kg 4509 for the front) Sold several sets,a good basic all around street shock.

-
Back