Choosing rockers on a budget...

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Need help trying to find a reliable rocker set that won't break the bank. I was told about PRE and speedmaster, but 95% of people say to stay clear of that garbage. So what's my next choice? A rocker set that is not stupid expensive, but won't be junk.

Would like to go 1.6 ratio

The stock ones.... 1.6 ain't worth the trip. Put that money towards a wideband a/f gauge so you can tune that sucker to a sharp point!!

Hahaha I already have all the tuneing goods. Innovate AFR. + I'm going efi next month anyways.

And stock?? I'm confused. Stock rockers?? Stock chrysler non roller rocker shafts with ported eddy heads, super victor intake on a stroker 12.2:1 408 spraying 175 sounds like a bad idea.
I can see staying 1.5 If that's what you mean.
But that wasn't my question........

I would suggest Hughes roller rockers. If not in the budget at the moment then save up a while. Very good rockers and geometry is excellent from my experience.

Sorry bro, can't read your mind about what setup you have. Honestly with all that, YOU should be telling US what's up...

Reading your build in the other thread i wouldn't be going cheap now..i run the Comp pro magnums very happy with how they've performed been using them on my 360 and 416 for 6 seasons not one issue to speak of..

:sign3:
Sorry bro, can't read your mind about what setup you have. Honestly with all that, YOU should be telling US what's up...

Don't be sorry. Most guys on here know my build and I really didn't think this topic required me to list my set up
As you can see in my avatar .. Definetly not stock. Lol, but I'm still a noob when it comes to valve train stuff.

Reading your build in the other thread i wouldn't be going cheap now..i run the Comp pro magnums very happy with how they've performed been using them on my 360 and 416 for 6 seasons not one issue to speak of..

Thank man. Yeah I'm probably gonna go with the magnums as well. Too bad they don't offer 1.6. Ah well.
I was just curious If there were other brand names out there that I may have missed, that are good quality without paying for the "name brand" products.

I'm ussualy not one to cheap out and don't want to now, but we all like to save a buck where we can.

Now pushrods. Is my length going to change when upgrading to roller rockers? Keeping the same hydro flat cam for now

:sign3:

Don't be sorry. Most guys on here know my build and I really didn't think this topic required me to list my set up
As you can see in my avatar .. Definetly not stock. Lol, but I'm still a noob when it comes to valve train stuff.

I could say the same for mine, but I don't, because that would be an assumption, and you know how that ends up. That picture could be somebody elses car, you dream of having.. Put your build thread link in your signature like I do and it would help clear things up. I don't have your chop-fooseness bookmarked for quick reference.

Need help trying to find a reliable rocker set that won't break the bank. I was told about PRE and speedmaster, but 95% of people say to stay clear of that garbage. So what's my next choice? A rocker set that is not stupid expensive, but won't be junk.

Would like to go 1.6 ratio

What cam and spring pressures.......?

Lunati 60405 242/252@50 533/552 gonna go with comp 994-16 springs open 337lbs open

depends on how hard you want to twist it and how often My boss used to live by the rule it only cost 1$ more to go first class Harland sharp are 1st class if your going to punish them

Sorry man, I know your a cool dude. I don't mean to start hard feelings. I act this way because I care.

It's hard to communicate tone on the internet.

Anyone used or heard anything about Mancini's rockers. There probably junk since ive never read anyone using them

We have had great luck with prw, they make a lot of rockers for the "big" guys to brand. they are nice and about 1/2 price of big guys. Stainless roller tip for $125, Full roller aluminum for $239 and full roller stainless for $275. .080" wall CrMo Pushrods for $99. Rockers come in 1.5, 1.6, 1.65 and 1.7 . I will offer a 10% discount to FABO guys or gals. We also have packages with rockers, push rods, studs & guide palates(studs and guides are comp cam). If you call or email the shop, J can get you photos if you want. The pics should be posted on our site tomorrow. They have pretty bad *** fabricated valve covers for under $200 too.

i bought the mancini 1.6 rockers. According to what i read they are the Harland Sharp bodys with out a roller bearing...i do not like the needle bearing anyway, so i chose between Mancini and the hughes Rockers. Mancini was a little cheaper, they are nicely made and work as expected.

The 1.6 Version is without any anodizing, bare aluminium. No problem for me, i do not have clear valve covers ;-)

I´d buy them again!

Michael

Lunati 60405 242/252@50 533/552 gonna go with comp 994-16 springs open 337lbs open

Hughes rockers will live forever with that cam and springs. I ran them on my 340 and 408, when I built the 408 I used a 260/264 @ .050, .628/.633 flat solid. The springs were Comp 930-16, 383# open. I had to clearance them a lot to clear the retainers. The OD is 1.550" on the 930. Clearance shouldn't be a problem with the 944 as it's 1.437" OD.

PRW's are ProComp's for $200 more don't get the PRW's.. a good friend is running ProComps on a twin turbo small block, and says they're nice for the money.. I scored Gold Crane 1.6's off eBay used for $360 shipped..

-
Back