Chris, the hero

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
got my TF-2 kit and speedo gear today

:thumrigh: :thumleft: :thumrigh: :thumleft: :thumrigh: :thumleft:

green67- You the man, thank you for your business! Call or e-mail if you need anything!

:salut:

i only have one gripe, but it's TransGo, not chris....

again, being a natural born ford guy, i have always had fords...duh....but the shift kits i always got didn't require any valve grinding...the TF-2 kit has 2 valves that need to be ground....no big deal, but my ford kits always came with replacements that were already the right shape/size....

but like i said...i guess that's no big deal...but, on the 1-2 gov valve, you're supposed to grind the one part to the same size as the opposite end......so does it have to be just right???? how round does it need to be????

it's kinda a crappy setup....

green67cuda said:
i only have one gripe, but it's TransGo, not chris....

again, being a natural born ford guy, i have always had fords...duh....but the shift kits i always got didn't require any valve grinding...the TF-2 kit has 2 valves that need to be ground....no big deal, but my ford kits always came with replacements that were already the right shape/size....

but like i said...i guess that's no big deal...but, on the 1-2 gov valve, you're supposed to grind the one part to the same size as the opposite end......so does it have to be just right???? how round does it need to be????

it's kinda a crappy setup....

Hi Rodney,

I hear ya on that. Some of the modifcations can be difficult to get exact with a simple drill and bench grinder. On the diesel OD's we are just installing the Sonnax kits, and not even bothering with installing the shift kits anymore.

The trans-go is a better kit however, and I think you'll be happy with the way it performs. :salut:

-
Back