"Chrome" headlamps?

-
Yes, the ones that came on my Barracuda when I bought it were the ones with the full, smooth mirrored lens, not just the chrome half cover. They were some cheap Chinese crap that were barely noticeable when turned on after dark. They made the car look like cheesy (the predecessor to pin and bue bulbs I guess...) and functioned worse than any headlight I had ever seen. I put em in the trash about three days after I got the car.

Yes, the ones that came on my Barracuda when I bought it were the ones with the full, smooth mirrored lens, not just the chrome half cover. They were some cheap Chinese crap that were barely noticeable when turned on after dark. They made the car look like cheesy (the predecessor to pin and bue bulbs I guess...) and functioned worse than any headlight I had ever seen. I put em in the trash about three days after I got the car.

I like the way they look. If your script and head light bezels are real shiny, they're just smoooooooth. I spoke to my older brother. He said the ones that my old man's car had were pretty good. Obviously not as bright as clear halogens, but good enough to haul *** down Andrew Jackson Hwy in the middle of the night while evading angry fathers.

Maybe the surface of the glass front can be chromed. I have seen some videos of liquid chroming processes sprayed on all kinds of surfaces.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcka4Xl7mQc"]YouTube - ADVANCED SPRAY ON CHROME[/ame]

Maybe..

Your not looking for the bright white or blue/pink headlights are you?

I hate those ones and feel like smashing them every time I get blinded by them.

I,m with you on that. I drive to work before dawn everyday and when them aholes get behind me I let them pass and then run my brights.

I had them on my old Coronet R/T...This picture is probably really small.

Attachments

• show coronet.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 92
Check with your local chroming shop, there is a guy here who says that "he can chrome anything"

-
Back