chrome plating shifter console, body mouldings

-

orion20001

Reaction score
I have an automatic 67 Dart GT console that needs re chroming it is 3 pieces the shifter cover, ashtray door and console storage cover. I have had a quote here on Vancouver Island for re chroming at $600. I can buy reproductions for $499. Any ideas where I can have them done in Seattle or Portland and would it be any cheaper? I am going to the Portland swap meet in April so I could bring them with me. I also had the 6 piece upper body mouldings priced just to be polished at the same place and was quoted $620. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On the side mouldings polish them yourself. Take 0000 steel wool to them and then hit them with some buffing compound. We polish trim all the time at my buddy's body shop.

Hi, thanks for the tip I will give it a try. I have an old electric pump motor I have been thinking of turning into a buffer.

Sounds like a good plan to meet up. This will be my first time going to the Portland swap meet, I hear it is one of the best in the northwest.

There are actually 2 swap meets going on at the same time...the one at the Portland Expo center, and the one at the Portland International Raceway, run by 2 different clubs. The raceway one starts on the Thursday, and the Expo one starts on Friday.

Where are you staying?

Hi Val, I am staying at a Rodeway Inn about 7 miles south of the Portland Expo site. I am arriving on Thursday Mar 31st I will probably take the first ferry from Duke point. Also Hi Russ it would also be nice to meet you, let me know where your at and I will stop by.

We're ( my bro-in-law and my son) going down on the Wednesday, making some stops along the way. We're staying in Vancouver WA, out near the big mall...cheap room rates, and only a 5 minute drive to the Expo site.

When the date gets closer, we should make a time and place for a meet-up for fellow members in attendance.

Hi Val, I am also heading down with my son and his friend as well. I will message you soon with contact info.

Thanks Russ, I will stop by and have a look and say hi. This has been a great site and I have had some good help along the way. It will be nice to meet some fellow members.

-
Back