chrome removal

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
Where near eastern mass can I find a place to just remove the chrome off of my rear bumper? I'm painting the bumpers and would like to just have them dip it to remove the chrome. I'd rather not mess with grinding (cause that makes ten time more work) nor do I want to make a vat with chemicals to strip it.

Try Russ Caswell. He's got a nice shop in Tewksbury, MA. He does a lot of plating for smaller items, but he might be worth a call. His cell/business phone is 508-451-1096.

Good luck.
Eric

If you can't find a chrome shop locally, I've had good luck with Darrell at ChromeMasters in Nashville -- he charges a reasonable price and has a decent turn around time. Tell him I sent ya. ;-)

Couldn't you have them sandblasted?

Yes but it takes forever, especially on a good old triple-plating job like "they" used to do when our cars were new. It's a lot more economically beneficial to let a chrome shop dip them than pay someone to stand at their blast cabinet by the hour. (That's how I found Darrell at ChromeMasters lol)

Yes but it takes forever, especially on a good old triple-plating job like "they" used to do when our cars were new. It's a lot more economically beneficial to let a chrome shop dip them than pay someone to stand at their blast cabinet by the hour. (That's how I found Darrell at ChromeMasters lol)

had mine sand
e blasted, not to remove the chrome, but to make it hold paint, seemed to work!

Try Russ Caswell. He's got a nice shop in Tewksbury, MA. He does a lot of plating for smaller items, but he might be worth a call. His cell/business phone is 508-451-1096.

Good luck.
Eric

That's only 30 minutes away from me. I'll give him a call. Thanks!

If you can't find a chrome shop locally, I've had good luck with Darrell at ChromeMasters in Nashville -- he charges a reasonable price and has a decent turn around time. Tell him I sent ya. ;-)

I'd rather not have to pay to ship it anywhere, but thanks anyways!

Nu-Chrome in Seekonk, Mass.
www.nu-chrome.com
Sometimes a link to a web site doesn't work on here for me??? If the link doesn't work just type it in.

Have you used them before? I haven't had any dealings with them personally, but a few car buddies from local meets don't have great things to say. Now I'm not trying to put the place down but their reputation is not great. The thing that scares me is that, supposedly, they had "lost" a local guys bumper off his corvette. Cost him an arm an leg for a new OEM one.

That's only 30 minutes away from me. I'll give him a call. Thanks!

I'd rather not have to pay to ship it anywhere, but thanks anyways!

Have you used them before? I haven't had any dealings with them personally, but a few car buddies from local meets don't have great things to say. Now I'm not trying to put the place down but their reputation is not great. The thing that scares me is that, supposedly, they had "lost" a local guys bumper off his corvette. Cost him an arm an leg for a new OEM one.

I never used them but was thinking about having some pot metal pieces for my Coronet R/T done there. but now maybe not!!

-
Back