Chromer in or near CT?

-

moper

Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a place to do some chroming in or near CT? There is one very close but I'm looking for a personal referral.

Not really close to Connecticut, but Brown's Plating in Paducah and Tri-City Plating in Tennessee have the best reputations the last few years.

Hi Leanna,
Thank you - but I want a place I can drive to. Not only for shipping savings but I want to see where my stuff is, and have them know I'm expecting it back in person...lol.

The "good old chrome shops" have slowly been evaporating over the last decade as the EPA has been changing its regulations and making everything more stringent. Sadly, it's made it tough for most to stay in business. Make sure whomever you hire uses a triple plating technique with nickel, copper and a few layers of chromium or it'll just be rusting, peeling and chipping off. Hopefully you'll get a few locals with great recommendations to chime in. :-D

I used New England Chrome Plating in E Hartford for my 72 Duster bumpers. They did a great job. It was not cheap but the end product was worth it. They are busy this time of year as people are trying to get their stuff done before winter is over.

I agree,New England Chrome Plating in East Hartford does great work.Had my two bumpers for a '69 Dart done there.The back bumper had stampmark waves in it from the original factory stamping,quite noticible.They made it better than original.Do it once,do it right.In the long run you'll save,and be happy.

NE Chrome is where I was thinking of but nobody I asked locally could say they used them...lol. I pass them twice a day during the week so it's easy. I'm looking to do the taillights, the rear window trim pcs, and the front bumper. Hopefully it doesn't break the back to get those looking really nice. The car is just now getting to completely stripped to bare for a color change and redoing previous repairs that sucked. So I've got a couple months to wait.

Let me know what they charge. I need to get both my bumpers and the mirrors done,

I'll let you know Adam. They say they need to see the stuff in order to quote but the bumper should be similar.

-
Back