Status
Not open for further replies.

80arrow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
View attachment IMG_0701.jpg

View attachment IMG_0702.jpgI have a k-member, upper control arms, lowers, and shock mounts for a 71 Dart. All made by Overkill Racecars in Loveland Colorado except the uppers. I had it in my car and then decided to modify the stock k-member so I can pull the oil pan without pulling the motor. I started to put hiems in the upper arms and got as far as cutting one mount off the arm and getting the hiems.
eyes.gif
$1200 plus shipping, cash or postal $ order. Pm me here

were you going to put a rack and pinion steering on your car. It looks like it was set up that way. Did you also have the motor mounted with a motor plate. Did this interfere with your oil pan.

Yes its set up for a rack and pinion and a motor plate. I 99.9% sure it didn't hit the pan, there just wasn't enough clearance to drop the pan with the motor in the car. With a small block and hedman headers the #1 primary wouldn't fit either but looking at tti headers I'm sure they would fit. It was originally built for a big block. Hope this helps, Clint

I had purchased a K-member from Overkill Racecars a year ago, and spent all of last season trying to make it work. The geometry is terrible. I have already broken the k-member, had to re-weld and gusset it to make it hold. At the top end at 130mph, when you're getting on the brake to slow the car down, I would get a severely violent shake and vibration in the steering wheel, to the point I thought I was going to break something. These k-members, in my opinion, are going to get someone killed. I am in the process now of replacing the ENTIRE system and I WILL not try to resell it to someone else. These K-Members are junk! And when you have a problem, forget it. The owner of Overkill will not help you.

I have heard good things about him and his stuff. I had talked to him a few times and he seemed helpful. I never ran it so I can't say one way or the other. I'm not trying to pawn off a hazard on someone, I just changed directions. Hope you get your car sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back