Chrysler 300 & 300L

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I MIGHT get the opportunity to rummage through 3 Chrysler 300's before they go off to the crusher. One is a 1970 300, and the other two are 1965 300L's. They are totally rotted to hell, but still have the original diffy's in them. My question is (are) are these 8-3/4 rears? If so, how can I tell without removing the center chuck, if they're Sure Grip rears? Will the center sections fit into the 8-3/4 housing that is in my 69 Dart Swinger 340?
I believe the '70 has a 440, but are the 300L's 383's or 413's?
If I can only pull ONE engine/trans out, which one should I keep for a future Dart project?

Thanks for helping me out.

George

George,if you can,pull the diffs,motor and tranny from all of them if you can,and save the 383 413 and the 440.Check fender tags and the VIN number to ID the motor,check in a reference book to see what motor is in each car,or go to; www.mymopar.com and look at the tool reference page and find the code for each car and the motor code so you can go back and decode the car,mrmopartech

MrMopartech.
I can probably get those 2 cars for FREE if you want them. They are in Bridgeport Connecticut. I was going to take the front bucket seats and center console out of one for my next Dart project.

George

I would pull everything off of them wiring, seats, dash, fenders, hoods, windows, interior, anything and everything thats on decent condition if you have space. Out here in Washington I could find homes for pretty much everything on all three of them, I can only imagine what the parts business is like in the salty states. I would be interested in wiring if you get it.

-
Back