Chrysler 360 w/ W2 Econo Heads, Headers, 30.over

-
"Also what cam, compression, trans, and gears do you have"

Comp Cams CRS XR274-10 "Xtreme Energy" Mechanical Roller Camshaft
Where 274 is the grind and 110 is the lobe separation.
I have all the lift and other details at home on the cam card.

Compression is 10.2

4 Speed

and don't kill me, but I have no idea what my gearing is....I would love to know how to find out. The previous owner may have gotten in there and changed them up!

Thanks

Higher stall is where your going next??????
WTF?????

ramcharger, it's a 4psd.

Duh!! My mistake, lol!

You can only open the secondary blades so much for there idle circuit isn't adjustable, not adjustable 4 corner, so once you get the sec blades beyond a certain point.....

Granted, you can only go so far, no doubt.

Maybe there was junk in it, but I haven't had to pull a new carb apart brfore running it since my buddy pos demon.

No matter, an 830 chokeless annular took it's place and idled great out of the box.

ramcharger I pulled the 750 dbl pumper off of my 340 and tossed on to the 440 and it idled perfect and only lost a hair of top end over the 830cfm, in other words ran great, so what was the difference you think?

I'm thinking crud in the metering block or throttle body. I'm not the first one to find this problem and probably won't the last, and I've seen a few members here have this problem with the Avengers too. It sucks and shouldn't have to be done, but there it is.

Btw, you should have seen the milling swerlies I pulled out of my Crane rocker shafts, lol. No excuse for this as the rocker arm/shaft kit was 300+ bucks. Damn glad I checked.

I meant I would entertain the idea of what you said crazyguy said, "experiment with the timing curve= highest initial possible with it all in around 2200rpm", I got confused about what ramcharger said, "all I can say is add a higher stall TC so the engine can rev into it's usable range and kiss whatever mileage you are getting goodbye." I'm getting confused, sorry guys a lot of what you say goes right over my head and into deep blue :) I'm takin notes...I'm taking notes though..

Higher Stall TC is where I'm going next.

Like wild said, that won't apply with manual trans it's my mistake to mention it. I didn't mean to add to the confusion. I meant torque converter.

I figure one day I'll meet a wrench who won't mind helping me with my car...But, really, I love the lopey idle, and the strong vacumn this cam creates, the car sounds great, so ahhhh FU$% it right!? :)
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

No problem and thanks for not taking my post the wrong way. :) I understand that you asked for one thing and got another. That's why I learned to do everything myself long ago and made a few "overcamming" mistakes too when I was young. Like Wild said earlier, more gear (higher numerical ratio) or shorter tires can help mask the low speed issues you are having and getting the advance curve right will only help matters.

Otherwise, just enjoy the high rpm pull. :cheers: It really is fun and you would loose some of that if you cam down. Life is a compromise.... 8)

Now it's back to putting helper springs on the rear of my Jeep Cherokee. Drivers side took 15 minutes, passenger side exhaust is in the way....ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!

I'm thinking crud in the metering block or throttle body. I'm not the first one to find this problem and probably won't the last, and I've seen a few members here have this problem with the Avengers too. It sucks and shouldn't have to be done, but there it is.

Btw, you should have seen the milling swerlies I pulled out of my Crane rocker shafts, lol. No excuse for this as the rocker arm/shaft kit was 300+ bucks. Damn glad I checked.

swirly's in the shafts?
that sux.

Nothing worse than swirlie in a guys shaft, lol.

Seriously though, here's a few pics and these were the small ones and not the ones that came out with compressed air.

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 26 13.59.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 26 13.59.jpg

...But, really, I love the lopey idle, and the strong vacumn this cam creates, the car sounds great, so ahhhh FU$% it right!? :)
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!
The cam creates strong vacumn????? I think your in over your head](*,). I think you need to sell the engine or trade it for a 360 crate motor.

I mean that it has adequate vacumn for my brakes! The last cam I had was so lopey I couldn't use my power brakes at all or atleast they weren't hooked up. By the way that cam is for sale along with the pistons and the morosco valve covers, which I'll post sometime next week with all the details that I have. That ought to be fun, I'm going to totally get raked over the coals by you gear heads.....:) I'm dreading next week!

-
Back