Chrysler 360 w/ W2 Econo Heads, Headers, 30.over

-

wwwfora

Reaction score
I have a Holley 4150 HP 750 CFM, four barrel gas guzzling banger. What do FABO ppl think about this carb for this engine. I'm just cruising, don't care about torque or high end or any of that performance driving...hate to spill my ice-cream on the way home on Sunday. Any suggestions? What are you all running on your 360 power plant?

Thanks FABO! :rolleyes:

I have a Holley 4150 HP 750 CFM, four barrel gas guzzling banger. What do FABO ppl think about this carb for this engine. I'm just cruising, don't care about torque or high end or any of that performance driving...hate to spill my ice-cream on the way home on Sunday. Any suggestions? What are you all running on your 360 power plant?

You went through the trouble of W2 econos and you don't care about torque or high end? :rolleyes: Sure, your Holley carb will work but why not go with a spread bore type like an Edlebrock 1407? It's $259 at Summit, prolly less on Craigslist or Ebay. A spread bore carb would be better for that type of driving. Small primaries keep fuel economy up (relatively) and velocity will help with torque. Power's there when you get on it.

You went through the trouble of W2 econos and you don't care about torque or high end? :rolleyes: Sure, your Holley carb will work but why not go with a spread bore type like an Edlebrock 1407? It's $259 at Summit, prolly less on Craigslist or Ebay. A spread bore carb would be better for that type of driving. Small primaries keep fuel economy up (relatively) and velocity will help with torque. Power's there when you get on it.

An Edelbrock 1407 is not a spread bore. Its a square bore 750.

Also what cam, compression, trans, and gears do you have?

I would suggest a 600 electric choke Edelbrock if you are more concerned with cruising and drivability. And having a choke is really nice too.
I would think the Holley could be tuned to run fine as well.

You're never going to get good mileage with those heads because the port size is so large. Drive-ability suffers with big ports too.

I'll trade you for some J-heads.

A 750 & W-2's are a good match.
Now, the rest of the combo is a risk.

"Also what cam, compression, trans, and gears do you have"

Comp Cams CRS XR274-10 "Xtreme Energy" Mechanical Roller Camshaft
Where 274 is the grind and 110 is the lobe separation.
I have all the lift and other details at home on the cam card.

Compression is 10.2

4 Speed

and don't kill me, but I have no idea what my gearing is....I would love to know how to find out. The previous owner may have gotten in there and changed them up!

Thanks

Dang Ramcharger you beat me to it!!!!! I would have traded ported T/A heads for them. I have always wanted a set of W-2's. The start of this post does not make much sense. Like rmchargr said why the expense of W2, heads intake and headers??? for cruising? I'm thinking more like 3rd gear tire torture!!!!

LOL, I agree, why use "Race Parts" on a cruiser? And then wonder about mileage? Why would you care for mileage with such parts when there for POWER!!!!! HUmm, Wheres the Sith smiley?

I know a lot of this doesn't make sense. I bought this car off some gear heads who were really into racing and tuning, they dropped this 360 in with a lot of expensive parts. I know this is not a typical setup, but would like to get it as close to a smooth cruiser as possible.I know for all you guys this is hard to understand. And if any of you live near me you can have the heads and guarantee an install of something else....Anyway, the car runs perfect, and hauls butt, the only issue I have is lower RPM driving it a little rough, maybe a metering block would help me tune it, otherwise it could just be that with this setup, it's made for all out speed.

LOL, I agree, why use "Race Parts" on a cruiser? And then wonder about mileage? Why would you care for mileage with such parts when there for POWER!!!!! HUmm, Wheres the Sith smiley?

If this is his street cruiser imagine if he built a racecar. . . . he'd prolly be in top fuel:-D

...wigsplitter, this was orginally a drag car, so without getting all nuts about switching out parts I'm trying to get this car smoother around town is all. I get 12 mph on the highway still!

For you the main thing is cam.

You can run those heads and that carb cause if just tooling around town then you're only into the primary's=375cfm which is not much., yes maybe rid the aggressive meter block if it has one.

BUT the problem is if it was a drag car then I'll assume it has pretty high compression that would/might have it pinging with a different/smaller cam.

If you can tell us cam specs and compression, I bet we can come up with something that'll bleed off a lil yet give good, as good can be had with what you
have, lower end torque and drivability.

This was in the body of text above that I wrote earlier.

"Comp Cams CRS XR274-10 "Xtreme Energy" Mechanical Roller Camshaft
Where 274 is the grind and 110 is the lobe separation.
I have all the lift and other details at home on the cam card.

Compression is 10.2

4 Speed

and don't kill me, but I have no idea what my gearing is....I would love to know how to find out. The previous owner may have gotten in there and changed them up!"

Right now it's a stock Holley, but I was thinking that adding a metering block might help me tune this for low end torque. Let me know if you need more info. It just kinda hesitates if I let the clutch out and slowly advance the throttle, I would like this to be smoother. It's hard to open this type of car up in a grocery parking lot :)))) Although, I have to say there are a lot of guys taunting me to do so!

Thanks

The right gear for the cam would give you good bottom end so maybe he pulled the gear and now thats why it's soggy.

I wish I was there to check it out, It would change everything

I live near SF....any takers? :) Anyway, I know the W2's a really popular, so I actually like driving around with them. When you step down this thing really sounds like your on a drag strip and the whole car lurches off the ground....anyway like I said this car runs perfect I just think tweaking the carb would give me my dream driving experience! Any of you out there with a Holley 4150 ever try a metering block? Muscle Car tv made it seem so easy and even better...easity adjustable. Thanks!

I live near SF....any takers? :) Anyway, I know the W2's a really popular, so I actually like driving around with them. When you step down this thing really sounds like your on a drag strip and the whole car lurches off the ground....anyway like I said this car runs perfect I just think tweaking the carb would give me my dream driving experience! Any of you out there with a Holley 4150 ever try a metering block? Muscle Car tv made it seem so easy and even better...easity adjustable. Thanks!

Takers on what? Sorry, I got a little lost in the thread.

Takers on my heads is what I was talking about, but I was just kidding. I'm asking for help, but all of you only want my heads... let's get back to my original questions. No the heads aren't for sale and swapping them out on my new rebuild is just not going to happen! Sorry!

I was just asking about your comment re: any takers. I have enough W-series heads and was not interested in yours. It is probably wise to focus on your main question(s) and not stray. So, what exactly are you trying to do/figure out now on your car?

The HP carb is going to get terrible mileage. They're made for race cars rather than street cars. Your jets are huge and your bleeds and PVCRs are small and no amount of reasonable tinkering is going to fix it.

If I were you and looking for a cruising carb, I would get a 770 Street Avenger. It'll bolt on in place of the HP. You can probably pick one up for about the price you'll get for the HP carb on the used market.

If you have to have the no-choke look they make an HP Street now also, which would probably be more suited to your camshaft out of the box.

Good Luck with it!

Steve

What are you all running on your 360 power plant?

I'm running a Holley 4150 HP 750 CFM and love it!

You could always find a two barrel intake and carb you can put on there or buy entire kit to convert it over to EFI. That would be better... you will have performance and also MPG.

or

Pull entire motor and switch it out with something else... that would be your best bet money wise.

-
Back