Chrysler Historical new contact info.

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
They are now Stellantis Historical Archives.

Danielle Szostak appears to be the go to person.

Her email address is [email protected]

This is the text of the email I sent to her in Feb of 2022

"Are you still fulfilling requests for vehicle specific data that Chrysler Historical once provided?"

This is the text from her e-mail to me:
"Thank you for contacting the Stellantis Historical Archives. At this time, we would like to thank you for being patient with us while we work through our backlog of requests with a limited staff and partial office hours.

To order a build record, please provide us with the information on our order form, which is attached. A copy of the title, registration, or notarized bill of sale is suitable. There are no exceptions to this policy. All orders will be answered in the order they were received and sent in the first quarter of 2022. A high resolution PDF copy of the build record will be emailed to you to help speed up the process.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. We look forward to assist you with requests."

Lets not all reach out and bombard her with requests at the same time.

Attached is the form to fill out. I believe this gets you a photo copy of an IBM card but I'm not sure at this point.

Be sure to include the REQUIRED copy of the Title or Registration etc.

Attachments

• Stellantis Build Record Only Form .pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 685
Before anyone does contact her, they should also know that the records they have available are only for 1967 and older.

1967 and older means yes for 1967, and yes for older.

Nothing for 1968 And newer.

Same information is on For B Bodies only from Oct 2019

I got records for my 67 Coronet and a 1938 Plymouth that I own. It was hard to believe, they had the info going that far back. I think they go back to the 20's

They are now Stellantis Historical Archives.

Danielle Szostak appears to be the go to person.

Her email address is [email protected]

This is the text of the email I sent to her in Feb of 2022

"Are you still fulfilling requests for vehicle specific data that Chrysler Historical once provided?"

This is the text from her e-mail to me:
"Thank you for contacting the Stellantis Historical Archives. At this time, we would like to thank you for being patient with us while we work through our backlog of requests with a limited staff and partial office hours.

To order a build record, please provide us with the information on our order form, which is attached. A copy of the title, registration, or notarized bill of sale is suitable. There are no exceptions to this policy. All orders will be answered in the order they were received and sent in the first quarter of 2022. A high resolution PDF copy of the build record will be emailed to you to help speed up the process.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. We look forward to assist you with requests."

Lets not all reach out and bombard her with requests at the same time.

Attached is the form to fill out. I believe this gets you a photo copy of an IBM card but I'm not sure at this point.

Be sure to include the REQUIRED copy of the Title or Registration etc.

Lol, I was researching this and finally emailed her and got a response. I was going to post my findings here until I saw your post beat me to it. I was a little disappointed, I had read on old posts on other forums you used to be able to get a copy of build sheets from them (mine is in pieces). But hey, a build card for no charge is still pretty cool.

They never offered build (broadcast) sheets.

Yes it did cost $45 so this is a better deal if you have a way to decode the IBM card.

They never offered build (broadcast) sheets.

Yes it did cost $45 so this is a better deal if you have a way to decode the IBM card.
It is no different that the data tag and broadcast sheet. Once you divide it into rows and columns you look up the codes like you would the data tag.

Alan

Any particular reason it's only 1967-down? I read once there was a fire or something that destroyed a lot of historical documents, wouldn't be surprised if a lot got thrown away over the course of 4 buyouts/mergers too...

Any particular reason it's only 1967-down? I read once there was a fire or something that destroyed a lot of historical documents
I read that too. I was under the understanding that they had detailed records for 68 up due to fire 67 down was limited. Like they know how many dart convertibles we're made in 67 but no break down of trim, colors, engines, etc

I read that too. I was under the understanding that they had detailed records for 68 up due to fire 67 down was limited. Like they know how many dart convertibles we're made in 67 but no break down of trim, colors, engines, etc

That's backwards.

The records that were destroyed were the 1968 and up records.

Hence the service being advertised for '67 and back.

I specifically asked about what records they have available and this is the reply.

"We have build records from 1930 – 1967 for passenger cars and 1930 – 1954 for Trucks. Anything before or after these years was never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company. For some reason, the story of the fire within the Chrysler Archives is actually an “urban legend”. There was no fire that destroyed files within the archives. The build records that are missing were simply never passed along to the archives. We have searched for years to find them within the company and they appear to not exist."

I specifically asked about what records they have available and this is the reply.

"We have build records from 1930 – 1967 for passenger cars and 1930 – 1954 for Trucks. Anything before or after these years was never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company. For some reason, the story of the fire within the Chrysler Archives is actually an “urban legend”. There was no fire that destroyed files within the archives. The build records that are missing were simply never passed along to the archives. We have searched for years to find them within the company and they appear to not exist."

I got lucky because these Chrysler records are essentially 1967 and earlier, and I have a 1967 Dart. For my Mustang, I requested a “Marti report” (basically Ford’s records) and was told it’s only available for 1967 and later. Lucky again, my mustang is also a ‘67. I just thought it was a strange coincidence that both companies records stopped at 1967, but in different directions. I wish Chrysler could give licensed repro fender tags, window stickers and such with just a vin no. like Ford/Marti does. That would be a game changer!

@Dana67Dart did you get your build (IBM) card yet? If so, any idea on how to go about decoding it? I got mine today and the quality isn’t great, but I should be able to understand it enough to transcribe it to clean card.

I haven't, when did you send your info in?

I was doing more than normal communications with them and I might have confused the issue.

I haven't, when did you send your info in?

I was doing more than normal communications with them and I might have confused the issue.

I actually emailed the form for mine on March 10th, about an hour before I found this thread and first posted. So you probably submitted yours first, I assume.

Just FYI, the copy that I got (first pic) was very blurry and difficult to read since it’s from the microfiche. Using a clean, blank card as an overlay I was able to clean it up significantly in photoshop. Now at least it’s readable (pic 2).

1926986C-B649-4E73-A28A-B5763B07FF3F.jpeg

C72DB97D-F697-4A98-9A7C-251A6B261C92.jpeg

Thanks

Knock on wood. No one in my household has gotten it. Glad your feeling better.

The file you have is it in the 100KB size.

Sometimes it seems like FABO reduced quality an size of images. If the one you have is larger let me know and I'll get you my email address in a pm to get a uncompressed version.

Thanks

Knock on wood. No one in my household has gotten it. Glad your feeling better.

The file you have is it in the 100KB size.

Sometimes it seems like FABO reduced quality an size of images. If the one you have is larger let me know and I'll get you my email address in a pm to get a uncompressed version.

Huh. That’s strange. PM me your email and I’ll sent you the largest one I have.

-
Back