Chrysler Part # Interchange

-

'64 Dart

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All

Working on the '64 Dart (225/6 2 1bbls) and have a question:
The '64 Parts book gives the Part# of 2299245 for the main jet.
Would the last two digits (45) happen to be the jet size that is stamped on the jet?

The intake is an Offenhauser piece. The instructions state to drop two jet sizes. The problem is that I'm not sure the carbs that I'm using (Holley 4712) have the original jets in them.

Thanks to All who respond.

'64 Dart:coffee2:

Good Afternoon All

Working on the '64 Dart (225/6 2 1bbls) and have a question:
The '64 Parts book gives the Part# of 2299245 for the main jet.
Would the last two digits (45) happen to be the jet size that is stamped on the jet?

The intake is an Offenhauser piece. The instructions state to drop two jet sizes. The problem is that I'm not sure the carbs that I'm using (Holley 4712) have the original jets in them.

Thanks to All who respond.

'64 Dart:coffee2:
Since you're going to have to take the top off the carburetor to change the jets (two sizes smalller), why don't you just go ahead and do it, and answer your own question? Two jet sizes are not enough of a change to make a whole lot of difference, I think.

You might try calling Holley's tech line and asking them what the original sizes were,

Good luck !

Since you're going to have to take the top off the carburetor to change the jets (two sizes smalller), why don't you just go ahead put a turbo on it?

Good luck !

That would have been more of what I thought you would say, Bill. LOL

That would have been more of what I thought you would say, Bill. LOL

Hey, I'm thinking seriously about replacing this Vortech V-1, S-trim centrifugal blower on my 360 Magnum motor in my '72 Valiant, with a turbo... I think it will be quicker/faster with the same 10 pounds of boost.

What do you think.... anybody?

Attachments

• 100_3207.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 117
Then send the Vortec to me for my slant. heh

-
Back