Chrysler Sebring Convertable Seat Conversion

-

Witchboard

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm in the process of installing the Sebring seats into our 1964 Barracuda. I'm working on the wiring now, but I have an extra wire that is not discussed here. It's one of the 4 wires that are bundled that go under the drivers seat not including the power seat mechanism. Below are the colors of the wires.

orange/black 20ga wire - seatblet solenoid control wire
black 20ga wire - ground
black/green 20ga wire - ??
light green/red 20ga wire - seatbelt switch sense wire

Has anybody else that's done this conversion run into this and remember what the black wire with the green stripe is for?

ohm out the seatbelt switch lead sense to the mystery wire and then attach/close the seat belt. see if it goes to a 0ohm short.

What year vehicle did the seats come out of ?

I can't recall. It was a 96-98 Chrysler Sebring convertible.

ohm out the seatbelt switch lead sense to the mystery wire and then attach/close the seat belt. see if it goes to a 0ohm short.

I don't have the seats with me at the moment. They are at my dad's place where we are working on the mounts and I have the electrics at my house. I'll have to wait until this weekend to reconnect them to the seats. The socket where it connects is shown in the attached picture. This is from the linked documentation, not my own, but it's the same. I'll try tracing it out this weekend. Thanks!

connector.png

I show black/ light green as a redundant chassis ground for a 1997 Sebring convertible.

No, just a direct ground coming right off seat belt control module.

That's what I would have thought, but I guess we won't know for sure until I ohm it out. I'll follow up in case anybody else in the future runs into the same thing as me.

Does the seatbelt lock up? Are you able to ”use” the seatbelt?

Does the seatbelt lock up? Are you able to ”use” the seatbelt?
I installed these seats without the "G force" control module with 12V going to the lock up solenoid to release them.
The belts do lock up when pulled quickly.

-
Back