Chrysler to kill Viper after 2011!

-
Killing the Viper and giving rebirth to the Challenger and possibly a higher performance/sportier 2-door Charger PLUS Giving us the chance to own one of these beautiful machines around $40K.... I think the tradeoff is well worth it. Truthfully, I wish they would send the Neon and the 4-door Charger away with it. LONG LIVE REAL MOPARS and DOWN WITH THE JUNK!!!

Back on Viper topic.........

I like the new models alot, but, there not priced for this working fella. I don't think I'll even be looking at a used up hack ethier. It would be nice if they could sell this car at an equal price fotting vs the Vette, but........we all know that will never happen if even they could.

Yeah, the Viper is a cool car, but I think it's been around for long enough. Hopefully though Chrysler will introduce another nice "supercar" so they can stay in the game with the 'Vette. It would be really lame for the only American supercar to be a Chevy...:pukerigh::tongue6:

Killing the Viper and giving rebirth to the Challenger and possibly a higher performance/sportier 2-door Charger PLUS Giving us the chance to own one of these beautiful machines around $40K.... I think the tradeoff is well worth it. Truthfully, I wish they would send the Neon and the 4-door Charger away with it. LONG LIVE REAL MOPARS and DOWN WITH THE JUNK!!!

Last year of the neon was 05 or 06.

TopHat

These are sad news no doubt :angry7:
So are they going to produce these? Not sure how I feel about them yet but from what I understand, the gearbox which is on the Bugatti Veyron at the moment, was specifically developed for the Chrysler ME Four Twelve so engineering-wise it is definitely a masterpiece, it is more AMG than anything else though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The one above is made on the viper chasis, and was built for show.

i could care less about a car thats costs more than my house and more to insure per month than my mortgage payment.

i could care less about a car thats costs more than my house and more to insure per month than my mortgage payment.

Although that is a good point, what about showing off the best that Chrysler can do? They knew that not many people could afford it, but you have to remember that halo... "Look at what we can do when we pull out all the stops!" I'm going to miss that car, and honestly I wish Chrysler had the funds to come out with another great redesign. I pray and hope to God that Chrysler doesn't go "limpdick" on us and leave the Challenger to be their top performance car. They REEEEAALLYYY need something to compete with the Corvette; there's nothing worse than giving up to a Chevy!

EDIT: I think the new Charger (and Challenger) are very nice cars though; the '05 Charger is actually what started my interest in Mopars, believe it or not!

Sorry to see the Viper go, it's a piece of automotive history.

I'm not too pleased with the Charger bashing since I own one. I was disappointed it was a 4 door at first, too. Actually driving the car sold me on it. They are one of Chrysler's better built vehicles. I get lots of compliments on mine.

It's a big, roomy car that runs mid 14's off the showroom floor with the 5.7 hemi in it. However, a 2 door version would rock. They made a mistake when they named it Charger (probably a marketing ploy). People expected something totally different (2 door for sure).

They definitely got it right with the Challenger.

Great, less rich jerks with no appreciation for the classic Mopars on the road. Actually I've met a few Viper owners that were actually knowledgable of the cars that paved the way for theirs and loved the original Mopar muscle cars as well.

Okay performance wise, yes the Viper did compete with the Vette, but production and sales wise no way. Anyone ever count how many Corvettes they see every day?? Now, tell me that you CAN'T count the number of Vipers you see every day on one hand and I'll be impressed. The Viper did become somewhat of an icon and actually got Chrysler recognized on the world market as producing a supercar, but as far as I'm concerned was just not a successful run for Chrysler. And, don't argue that it was because it hasn't gotten a 50-year run like the Corvette. The difference is that Chevy as much as I hate them made "affordable" versions of the Corvette and Chrysler just didn't. Until Chrysler can get it right, the competition to the Corvette just simply will not be there. Can the Challenger make it there?? Possibly... Will it?? Probably not. What a sad day when we say we got outperformed by a nerd with a bowtie, and a goof that drives a rustbucket Ford... sadly fellas, that day is today.

MOPAR or NO CAR!!

-
Back