Chucks 72 Demon Build

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
wanted to share some of the work. Installed the MSD distributor, wires, control and coil. Hope I mounted them in a good space. The wires are real nice and the boots are very nice. I am making my own wire looms as the valve covers have bolts which will not allow stock looms. I am also using a cable system for the tranny shifter. Hope it works well and I can finetune it ok.

Attachments

• IMG_2145_1496.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_2152_1503.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 406
I also got the stock fitting condenser for the a/c installed. Fits real nice into all the stock holes. Using a sanden compressor. car is a factory a/c 340. Also got a good fit on the aluminum radiator and ended up with an aftermarket fan. Hope it cools ok without the shroud. Heard some good and bad stories. Time will tell. The power steering pump seemed to fit ok considering it is the wrong type. A little tight but it works and all the belts seem ok.

Attachments

• IMG_2156_1507.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2140_1491.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 390
Motor is a stroked 71 340 to 416. Never did one of these. My buds at MRL helped me choose the block interior. Just working the dash now, so I can fire her up.

Attachments

• B0001022.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 397
  • B0001138.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 416 STROKER BUILD_0004_edited-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 414
Got my hood done but am thinking about some different paint schemes? Motor was a joy except for clearance issues with the Dougs headers and the power steering box. Very close, but I guess that is how they are.

Attachments

• 416 STROKER BUILD_0002_edited-1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 394
  • B0004627.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Demon EngineFrontEnd_0134.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 374
Rear end and brakes all set to go. Upgraded brakes to 2 1/2" and bought new axles with the bigger bolt pattern.

Attachments

• Doe Coover Porch_0020.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 318
Here is a close up of the rear brake assembly.

Attachments

• Doe Coover Porch_0024.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 304
Bench assembly and resto of rear axle

Attachments

• Doe Coover Porch_0026.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 297
Here is my restored and improved dash. I did away with the amp gauge and replaced it with a voltage meter. Did a total rebuild. New dash pad, metal painted with velvet black paint. New woodgrain and I had to add the indicator lights for the ebrake in red, the turn signals in green and the high beam indicator in blue LED mini lights. My Alpine blue tooth stereo/cd player will just be inserted into the already installed sleeve. I also installed 2 3.5" speakers in the top center OEM location.

Attachments

• IMG_2473_1892.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2472_1891.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2471_1890.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 327
Here is a close up of the gauges. You can see the LED indicators here.

Attachments

• dash closeup.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 304
Gauge's looks really good ...ever thought about converting the wood grain inlay to a Carbon Fiber look ? Just my opinion, but I think it would modernize the whole assembly.

Gauge's looks really good ...ever thought about converting the wood grain inlay to a Carbon Fiber look ? Just my opinion, but I think it would modernize the whole assembly.

Yes, I did think about it. The car has whats known as the Deluxe interior, which includes the woodgrain panel running down the interior door panels. I kind of thought I would like to leave the wood and a little of what belonged to the car when it was built.

I had to replace both lower quarter panels and also the inner trunk floor extensions and the small brace which gets welded inside the trunk. Both sides were weepy with pinholes, so we did both. Cut the panels below the body line and butt welded them together. I like to butt weld rather than doing lap welds as there is not place for moisture to collect.

Attachments

• IMG_3250_2734.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3243_2714.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 200
LOL....Nevermind, you have AC and that would be your AC Condenser thingmajiggity in front of your radiator. I don't even know what AC is in my cars...lol All of my cars do have tranny coolers though and they are all in front of the radiators, so me being a knucklehead I made an assumption. Sorry

That's OK. The radiator guy told me the aluminum radiator would help cool the tranny fluid better than the stock radiator. So I did not figure I needed a tranny cooler. But who knows.

-
Back