Chunk out of block

-

oktire

oktire
Reaction score
Took a chunk out of the block today down by the oil pan. So now the question is get a new block or has anybody ever weld one up and hard block it. Its still in the car so i'm not sure how bad yet it look like about the size of half a top of soup can.

We would need good clear pictures of the damage. Did it break a rod or something? If so there's more than likely more damage than what you see from the outside.

If this was from a bottom end failure, you may have internal block damage also. Until it's out and apart you really can't tell the extent of the damage. Oh, and sorry for your issues, that sucks.

If iron,probably machining a new block to match the rotators specs,would be the safest.There is a reason,if cast iron it let go.(Short of detonation).Good luck.

it looks as though the #5 & #6 gave out due to oil lose which is usually the case with the way those two are oiled from the #4 main. the oil mod to the rockers may surely help by give that main and rods better oil pressure and supply. the mod takes the rocker oil off the lifter supply bore and not the #4 bearing keeping the all the oil on the main and rods.

no not yet i will pull the motor this week and check in out. I have decided to go with a new block as i have one in the barn. thanks for you input.

Looks like it got good and pissed.....
If I may ask..... How many passes was on that motor?

Bad rod bolt.
ResizedImage_1347211703394.jpg

-
Back