-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayman62

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, I'm looking for a cigarette lighter for my 66 Dart. I have the knob (the part that glows) and the housing (that sits behind the dash) , but need the socket that inserts into the housing (mine is rusted out and cracked insulation).

Thank you.

20210527_223330.jpg
20210527_223353.jpg
20210527_223423.jpg

Will post photos when I get home.

Need the section on the blue paper. Or complete assembly will work as well. If someone knows where I can get it online please let me know vendor or part number.

Thank you

light.jpg

Is this the piece my fingers pointing at? If Roy cant help I may have a spare.
This one is from 67-9 cuda but covers a wide range.

20220105_104408.jpg

20220105_104402.jpg

Is this the piece my fingers pointing at? If Roy cant help I may have a spare.
This one is from 67-9 cuda but covers a wide range.

View attachment 1715847781

View attachment 1715847782
There is a chrome socket that inserts into the gray housing, what you are pointing to is the screw post that in addition to receiving the electrical power also holds the chrome insert into the housing and makes the connection to the heating element of the lighter. This picture may show it better (I have it disassembled) I need all pieces shown in the picture (there may be another ceramic piece as all I had left was pieces that had broken and turned to dust).

Thank you.

light2.jpg

Yeah looks different than this one?
There is a chrome socket that inserts into the gray housing, what you are pointing to is the screw post that in addition to receiving the electrical power also holds the chrome insert into the housing and makes the connection to the heating element of the lighter. This picture may show it better (I have it disassembled) I need all pieces shown in the picture (there may be another ceramic piece as all I had left was pieces that had broken and turned to dust).

Thank you.

View attachment 1715847807

20220105_134958.jpg

Yeah looks different than this one?

View attachment 1715847829
If the grey housing screws onto the chrome socket piece then it will probably work. I'm not certain my lighter is original since, as Toolmanmike states, the lighter is not 1966 Dart original. What is the diameter of the outside face of the chrome socket, the one I have aprox. 1.50"

Roy, your closer you can help him out. I will measure and post pics in a bit.
If the grey housing screws onto the chrome socket piece then it will probably work. I'm not certain my lighter is original since, as Toolmanmike states, the lighter is not 1966 Dart original. What is the diameter of the outside face of the chrome socket, the one I have aprox. 1.50"

If the one that 4spdragtop has will work. That is the same thing I have. So go ahead and work with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back