clark welders

-
if it feeds good just holding the trigger try twisting and bending the cable by the gun while feeding maybe its kinking when you get in to position but when you just stand there and hold the trigger its fine

also if you are using flux core I think that the polarity is opposite of what gas runs

I actually believe I've narrowed it down to the trigger, I think there is a short as when i tried palm test, it pulsed on and off very rapidly. Thought at first it was an adjustment issue on the spool but, when I had the door open and tried it, you could actually see and hear it shut off and on. Looks like it's time for a new gun

Do two things first
First take the gun handle apart and jump the two trigger wires together. If it feeds smooth then either try and clean up the contact on the trigger or get a new trigger. Much cheaper than a new gun.
If it still jitters then disconnect the trigger wires inside the machine and trigger it without them connected. If it happens that the trigger wire in the gun shorts to the electrode putting welding voltage on a normally 5v signal it will cause it to act they way it is on you.
if that is the case then you can decide if you want to chase down another gun or just run a couple of wire external to the gun to trigger it.

Well that didn't fix it. Neither did the new gun. So I bit the bullet and bought a new Lincoln 180 mig welder and low and be hold, its works flawlessly and my beads are back to looking like they should.

-
Back