Classic and muscle car artwork

-
Today’s image...

054B2482-2683-431C-B36F-F0BEB6EEC4D6.jpeg

Man, those are all awesome. How much time does it take you to do one?

Should you put a watermark on them for posting online?

Man, those are all awesome. How much time does it take you to do one?

Should you put a watermark on them for posting online?
It takes between 2-5 hours to do one. They are all copyrighted and posting them in a public place like here secures that copyright. Watermarks are useless and easily removed.

I have a team of lawyers that look after my stuff and makes sure they aren’t being used for profit without my permission. I have taken down a few infringers, but generally I haven’t had much of a problem. It is hard to use these low resolution forum images for much beyond personal use and I usually don’t care about that usage. Try to print them at any decent size from an image taken here and it will be a fuzzy mess.

I also hide non recognizable IDs in each image that only show up when I adjust the image a certain way. Copy my image and I can easily identify it with a few simple adjustments.

May I suggest changing the colors of the smoke/flames so they don't blend in with the color of the car? The blue Charger looks great, but the yellow Challenger and orange GTO kind of get lost in the yellow/orange/pink smoke.

May I suggest changing the colors of the smoke/flames so they don't blend in with the color of the car? The blue Charger looks great, but the yellow Challenger and orange GTO kind of get lost in the yellow/orange/pink smoke.
I appreciate what you are suggesting. Right now, my focus is on creating the car images and the quickest way I can do that is to use a standard format background. Once I have the digital file, I can change the car color quickly and adjust the background colors too if needed. Here is a series of colors for that GTO image that only took me 20 mins to create since I already had the first image done.

D98DCB30-6A8B-48D9-94FB-783E40A6468F.jpeg

05A23B6C-1CBA-4711-BC59-E17A6EF1F47C.jpeg

7485F276-A9B5-4B63-AC32-71B999690360.jpeg

63700BBB-9A96-42E1-96EA-B8BBAA46C5A5.jpeg

I appreciate what you are suggesting. Right now, my focus is on creating the car images and the quickest way I can do that is to use a standard format background. Once I have the digital file, I can change the car color quickly and adjust the background colors too if needed. Here is a series of colors for that GTO image that only took me 20 mins to create since I already had the first image done.

View attachment 1715330236

View attachment 1715330232

View attachment 1715330235

View attachment 1715330233

I wanna be the Scat Pack Bee. He's gettin' a lot of really cool test rides. :steering:

So what will you sell the shirts for with a front and back image? I'm interested in getting one if I can.

I can’t really take full credit for the front and back images, @Cudabnu was the one who suggested doing it so I ran with it.

That’s why I love this place, there’s always something that folks suggest that ends up making my stuff better. :)

@Ddaddy ... Was that banner mentioned in the Hellephant thread your product also?
Yep. But I’m pretty sure that’s not an actual banner but just a image from Pin interest or somewhere that copied it from where it was originally posted on the modern Charger Forum.

The whole thing with copyright law is a double edged sword. In order to completely secure a copyright, the work needs to be publicly displayed...but that also opens the risk of someone stealing it without your knowledge. However, once it is publicly displayed, it is documented proof of its creation by the owner.

You do a great job.
I have one suggestion for the rear view picture. Eliminate the smoke over the top of the car in the rear view it kind of makes it look as though the engine blew. It looks great on the front view. I did a little tweak if that's all right just to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.
Maybe something like this.

F37963B9-0F25-4DB9-ABC1-6C885E763B5A.jpeg

Again I'm not trying to be an ***.

You do a great job.
I have one suggestion for the rear view picture. Eliminate the smoke over the top of the car in the rear view it kind of makes it look as though the engine blew. It looks great on the front view. I did a little tweak if that's all right just to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.
Maybe something like this.

View attachment 1715331030
Again I'm not trying to be an ***.
I appreciate the suggestion but I don’t agree.

These are t-shirt designs and based on the available print space on the back plus the short visual focus on the total shirt, I will stick with my approach. The extra color and visual dynamic from the way I have chosen to do it creates a greater instantaneous visual impact in the print space and surrounding negative space.

I do appreciate the suggestion though.

How do you publicly display it? Does this side count? Or do you have your own website?
Placing it on a site like this is considered sufficient for public display. It also creates a dated record of the display that can be referenced.

I will also eventually have my own website which also qualifies.

-
Back