Classic Dash

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Just surfing through Year One and came across this:

Classic Dash carbon fiber 6 gauge panel with electric Auto Meter Cobalt gauges for 1970-1976 Mopar A-body models.

Would be nice to replace the original in my Dart.

There are no pictures on Year One and when I went to Classic Dash's website, they only list dashes for Dusters.

Anyone have one of these? How hard was it to install? Any picture of one in their Dart?

The first PN that popped up on YearOne.com is 818700011 for a "Classic Dash" replacement dash panel without gauges. I did a web search for just the part number it showed up on SummitRacing.com as "Classic Thunder Road 818700011". The web search also found a link to an eBay ad that mentioned "Classic Dash" and had the following pic:

View attachment 818700011.jpg

The eBay ad indicates the "carbon fiber" dash panel is actually "carbon-fiber looking plastic". Here's a link to the eBay ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-76-Mopar...-Cut-Out-for-Aftermarket-Gagues-/331223379814

(addendum 08/21/14) They're also shown on pgs. 110-111 of the current Classic Industries catalog for Mopar. Give Classic Industries a call at 800-854-1280, they'll answer the phone.

The first PN that popped up on YearOne.com is 818700011 for a "Classic Dash" replacement dash panel without gauges. I did a web search for just the part number it showed up on SummitRacing.com as "Classic Thunder Road 818700011". The web search also found a link to an eBay ad that mentioned "Classic Dash" and had the following pic:

View attachment 1714747332

The eBay ad indicates the "carbon fiber" dash panel is actually "carbon-fiber looking plastic". Here's a link to the eBay ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-76-Mopar...-Cut-Out-for-Aftermarket-Gagues-/331223379814

Yes all the pictures of the A-body dashes are the exact same. Not sure if there is a difference between the Dart and Duster models. I'm looking for a picture of it actually in someone's Dart and how hard it was to install.

I've fired off emails to the Ebay sells, to Year One, and even Classic Dash themselves. No replies on any.

I have one in my duster, they will require work to fit.
I have not finished my dash up yet but only one screw hole aligns correctly and the wiper switch hole is way too big and will require filling with fiberglass to correct.

I have one I bought and never used, $150.00 shipped if anyone wants it. Not sure if it's the same brand, but looks the same. No gauges, you supply your own.

-
Back