Classic Industries - Not Happy Jan

-

hux340

Reaction score
Some of you forum owners will know me as the guy with the 71 Plum Crazy 340 Demon. As I live in Australia it sucks as I have to get most of my parts I need for my car from the states, (this I expected when I bought my Dodge).
What I didn't expect was wanting to get a throttle cable that I paid for back in feb & still waiting for it. I have sent numerous emails ref the delay & the latest one really pissed me off when they said there's a problem & it's still on '"long term back order", and I have to wait 60- 90 days more and this is after waiting weeks between emails before they decide to get back to me when I make inquiries ref it. That means I have to wait up to 7 months for a $55 throttle cable for my A body.
I would have thought it was a relatively common part, apparently not, but really 7 months. Might get one made up here, might cost me up to 5 x as much but at least I'll have one.
Lucky it's only a spare one. Imagine if I needed one desperately because I didn't have one & couldn't drive my Demon at all.
This sux & is becoming very very frustrating. It's not like I can just ring them up & ask to speak to someone higher up.

I ordered mine in January, I didn't notice it was back ordered until after the fact (my fault not theirs). I had to have one in order to finish and drive my car. So I waited as long as I could and finally had to bite the bullet and get one from YO and after taxes paid almost double the price. I couldn't find a used one and the one I had wouldn't work. I had to do what I had to do!

I understand you are saying that they were slow to reply in emails.
I can't see a reason for that.
You probably know that vendors are simply the middle men on these things.
They are at the mercy of the people that are making the product.
It not uncommon for things to be shown for sale that are going to be back ordered.
Even if someone here or California could contact them for you by phone, I'm guessing that won't get the product any faster though.
It is what it is.

You should contact them and have them cancel your order with refund and order one from Year One. Year One shows to have them in stock and cheaper.

If you want a throttle cable, message me and I’ll send you one! It’ll be used, but good!

Try Manicini I got one from them and it is their best one. I think they well ship overseas

Not a fan of year one but it looks like they have them for $40

I have purchased a lot of parts from Classic, Summit, Jeg's, and others. Need to carefully look at ship dates, etc. Many times these "middle men" expect parts to be in stock on a given date, but then are told later by the mfr that there is a delay. I've had to cancel orders vecause I didn't want to wait a month, or 7.

OER makes the part the OP ordered from Classic. They are hit and miss on inventory. I just used a universal cut-to-fit throttle cable from Lokar, worked better than stock. Pricey, $44, but solved my issues.

How does a toll free number work from overseas? I'd call and get $55 worth of phone conversation out of them.

Some of you forum owners will know me as the guy with the 71 Plum Crazy 340 Demon. As I live in Australia it sucks as I have to get most of my parts I need for my car from the states, (this I expected when I bought my Dodge).
What I didn't expect was wanting to get a throttle cable that I paid for back in feb & still waiting for it. I have sent numerous emails ref the delay & the latest one really pissed me off when they said there's a problem & it's still on '"long term back order", and I have to wait 60- 90 days more and this is after waiting weeks between emails before they decide to get back to me when I make inquiries ref it. That means I have to wait up to 7 months for a $55 throttle cable for my A body.
I would have thought it was a relatively common part, apparently not, but really 7 months. Might get one made up here, might cost me up to 5 x as much but at least I'll have one.
Lucky it's only a spare one. Imagine if I needed one desperately because I didn't have one & couldn't drive my Demon at all.
This sux & is becoming very very frustrating. It's not like I can just ring them up & ask to speak to someone higher up.

I’m going to be over on the west side of Phoenix tomorrow. MrMoparts is located over there. I could check with them if you like. If so PM me. I’ll PM you my contact info

I hear you. I watched the Classic web site for the last year and a half waiting for turn signal lenses (MA2095) to change from "arriving soon" to "in stock". I finally gave up on Classic and ordered gaskets from DMT to use with my original lenses.
I did call them to suggest that technically speaking NOTHING can be arriving soon for a year and a half but they continue to prove me wrong.

I still order from them; this is just a pet peeve.

Hi John,
Was there a couple of weeks ago at about 9am on a wed, you were all locked up.
Cheers,
Glenn.

-
Back