Classic Mopar Use ????

How do you use your mopar?

• Total voters
-
The younger guys never drove these old cars many decades ago and when us old guys talk about the feel and sounds and experience of driving these antiques, they don't totally relate. They weren't born yet!! :poke: :steering:
That's a good point barbee6043. I can remember old videos of an idling little 273 and the camera is focused on the tailpipe...and all the videos were entitled "the Mythical sound of a 273" Now guys don't even want the little workhorses.

273's are cool.

IMG_2603.jpg

Yep! 273 are cool little engines in a light car with a good gear.

Same way with a built 289 Ford in a light Stang, 4 speed and right gear. Back road country drag races. There was a good driver and a built 66 4 speed Stang took home many a $100 bet back in SW Ga in the late 60s. Cleaned all the clocks. Country boy, he shifted by ear..no tack. (No the engine was NOT a stock K code either.

I will admit, we try to plan so that we aren't dealing with the high heat/humidity when we travel. When we went to the Grand Canyon in our '77 Ramcharger, we left the first week in September hoping to at least have cooler evenings. it worked out great. Mostly was in the high 80's in the daytime, but really no humidity, made it very nice going down route 66 with the windows down and wing windows open :)

I would rather die driving my old Mopar than waiting to die in a old folks home or hospital bed.
I sentiments exactly... One I enjoy the hell out of, the other I fear.... Watched my dad who lived his life boldly spend his last few years slowly fading away... I hope not to go out that way...

I sentiments exactly... One I enjoy the hell out of, the other I fear.... Watched my dad who lived his life boldly spend his last few years slowly fading away... I hope not to go out that way...
If that's you behind the wheel of the Avatar photo you should go out just fine there 1wild R/T...LOL Have a great weekend

When I die, I want to be 96 and shot by a jealous husband...

Safety!
I read a post some time ago and the gentleman said he would never build or give one of kids a car
without airbags. Made me think! And then I thought about handling and braking too or coming in
contact with a Booser or Stoner when cruising with my grandson or family?

Safety!
I read a post some time ago and the gentleman said he would never build or give one of kids a car
without airbags. Made me think! And then I thought about handling and braking too or coming in
... and then they'll put them in a Prius or Yaris with a air bag..... If one of those would have collided with my full frame Ramcharger 4x4, how do you think it would have faired? It would have taken 3 corrollas and 2 civics all accordioned up in a choir just to get me stopped :D :D

And i feel pretty good in my Tacoma too! It's Toyota's small truck and it's over 4300 lbs.

All of us survived the "no seatbelt, no bike helmet" era.

I'd much prefer a return to that than the current "can't be bothered to pay attention to the road because I have to respond to this text right now, and again in 10 seconds" era.

...but I'll shoot you if you honk at me as I text through the second green light.

The poll is dependent on which car you're asking?

A-body Duster is track with some rare street appearance. (Not totally street legal.

B-body GTX is street cruising. Very little to no racing.

E-body Cuda is a Pro Street project. (A fit in between. At least that's the intention.)

Corys Mopars.jpg

Safety!
Boozers and stoners can get you no matter what you're driving. What happens when you get hit by an out-of-control semi? Every time you get on an airplane? If you're standing on a corner and an irresponsible kid in a (new) Mustang jumps the curb and takes you out? Will you deny your family the ability to ride a motorcycle if they so choose? Gee, no airbags, no restraints, no "crumple zones", no warning alarm that you may be crossing the center line... One thing I always taught my kids and grandkid is to never hide yourself under a rock, afraid life will "get you"... it just ends up passing you by instead. Judging by some of the crap I read, it's a wonder any of us are still alive. Cocoon yourself in a self-steering, self-parking, automatically braking car and then wonder why drivers are incapable of paying attention or making any split-second decisions when the need arises. We're being turned into less capable people and being encouraged to be more negligent- since we figure the vehicle will "save" us, instead of our own abilities.
Skynet is coming.

Last edited:
Boozers and stoners can get you no matter what you're driving. What happens when you get hit by an out-of-control semi? Every time you get on an airplane? If you're standing on a corner and an irresponsible kid in a (new) Mustang jumps the curb and takes you out? Will you deny your family the ability to ride a motorcycle if they so choose? Gee, no airbags, no restraints, no "crumple zones", no warning alarm that you may be crossing the center line... One thing I always taught my kids and grandkid is to never hide yourself under a rock, afraid life will "get you"... it just ends up passing you by instead. Judging by some of the crap I read, it's a wonder any of us are still alive. Cocoon yourself in a self-steering, self-parking, automatically braking car and then wonder why drivers are incapable of paying attention or making any split-second decisions when the need arises. We're being turned into less capable people and being encouraged to be more negligent- since we figure the vehicle will "save" us, instead of our own abilities.
Skynet is coming.

Well said!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If that's you behind the wheel of the Avatar photo you should go out just fine there 1wild R/T...LOL Have a great weekend
That photo is part of a funny story... I was in the process of painting my car... It has no hood, fenders, doors, decklid, trunk floor, no gas tank, no interior.... It's running on race gas in a one gallon can bailing wired to the rear shock crossmember... When the picture was taken I was thirty miles away at work...

My four buddies all piled in the car, the driver Mike is sitting on a milk crate... Another buddy Sandy Rainey took the photo...

When I showed up an hour later and saw the dual stripes down in front of Sandy's shop I asked questions but everyone insisted it was from Greg's Chevy truck... I knew better but whatever, they were having fun & it's not like I hadn't done the same thing many times and in fact a few days later I'd blow out both tires doing a smoky burnout....

Anyway they had that photo blown up & framed & gave it to me for Christmas.... Over thirty years later and it still makes me smile...

Oh, I sold the car years ago, but got it back about a year and a half ago...

FullSizeRender.JPG

That is a great story 1wildR/T...I work in Industrial maintenance with another Mopar nut who was reading your post over my shoulder we both got a great laugh on that one. Coincidentally we have a 67 convertible Barracuda with no rear quarters, no rear valence running off a peanut can tie wrapped to the radiator support. We live in a real small town full of gear heads and my wife caught me leaving the house with her laundry bleach. I got my *** chewed because she knew I was going up to the bar to do bleach burn outs with my neighbors...LOL Truth be known when we did the first burn out she was sitting right next to me!

Last edited:
Also… Since when did all of you guys get these convertible challengers and cudas… we are all supposed to have cheap, ugly broken A bodies….

First DadsBee with the super beautiful cars and now 2 more of you with these sweet convertibles… I’m gonna have to start stripping or start selling pictures of my feet on the internet… you guys have the cars I want one day but I don’t have that virtue they call patience… :)

Is there such thing as a reliable mopar?
Yes I’ve had my 65 Dart since 2001 and daily drive it off and on for 20+ years. It’s still drivable just leaks transmission fluid out pretty bad. Been a real damn reliable car. 273 2 barrel auto originally. Now 273 4 barrel engine same trans.

-
Back