cleaning rust off exhaust manifolds

-
I used it on an early Hemi intake manifold and it did great!

Has anybody tried Electrolysis? I may have to set my tank back up & throw some old manifolds in to see. here is 2 old rotors before/after
IMG_1212.JPG

Hemi71x, would you happen to have manifold pictures after evaporust? Does it work as well as blasting?

No i don't.
I buy, use, Evaporust in my rebuilding of brake, and suspension parts, all the time.
Exhaust manifolds, sold some time ago.
I don't own a bead cleaning cabinet, machine, and Evaporust saves me the money what i would have to pay a professional shop to do bead cleaning, or drive 25 miles one way, all the way across town, to a friends place that has a machine.

Roger , how difficult was it to do the electrolysis. Looks like it really does great job

An example of what lower control arms look like, after i scrub them clean, and then soaking them in the pail of Evaporust.
Look brand new, like the day they were made.

LCA's 62-76 A Body July 2016 001 (Copy).JPG

Has anybody tried Electrolysis? I may have to set my tank back up & throw some old manifolds in to see. here is 2 old rotors before/afterView attachment 1714950597

Use whatever you want, that floats your boat.
Whatever works for you out there in the Mopar world.
Evaporust, that molasses stinky, smell, stuff, electrolysis.

I use a small battery charger, a plastic tub & some swimming pool PH+ from wal mart, some threaded rod. use some scrap metal for sacrificial anode (cheap cookie sheets from dollar store-but maybe only get one job out of them)
both fun and interesting project. Wish I had bought the larger wheeled charger/starter, but a small one just takes longer.
first found it by researching restoring cast iron cookware/dutch oven
IMG_1211.JPG

Thanks for the info. I have been checking into the process

-
Back