Cleaning the underside of my dart

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
Gents & Ladies of A-bodies:
Does anyone have any suggestions for effective products to use to clean off 37 years of grime from the underside of my 1971 Dart? I think I read (possibly on this site) about using oven cleaner to get the dirt off metal parts.
I do not have a pressure washer, but perhaps this is a project to justify to My Bride purchasing one...
Ideas and thoughts?

Just dirt and grease will come off with a pressure washer. Eco friendly products like simple green work as well as harsh chemicals like oven cleaner.
If it undercoating you want to take off you'll need a heat gun and a putty knife and a lot of time.

What I did was bought 3 cans of engine cleaner sprayed it on used a stiff brush and brushed like mad.Let it soak for 10 minutes.hook your garden hose up to hot water if you can or cold and wash away .Ps wear eye glasses.This cleaned mine very well.

Get the pressure washer, it's a good safe start, plus you will find plenty of uses for it.
It will not clean it completely off , but if you are going to use other chemicals to loosen off the tuff areas, I'd like to have the pressure washer handy, to rinse it off.

Rent a hot water pressure washer. Thats what I did because you don't get grease off with cold water. Besides looking like a chimney sweep at the end of the worst job I've ever done it was great. You could eat off the under side after.

IMG_0203.jpg

Rent a hot water pressure washer. Thats what I did because you don't get grease off with cold water. Besides looking like a chimney sweep at the end of the worst job I've ever done it was great. You could eat off the under side after.

Love the photo.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

-
Back