Clear trans fluid?

-

wirenut

Reaction score
I have a new car (new to me) with a TCI 727. I changed the nuetral safety switch. The small amount of fluid that came out was clear not red? It reminded me of the UDT fluid I use in my hydrostaic drive tractor. It did not smell or even really feel like trans fluid. The ATI manual states"use only high quality RED trand fluid" . Is this a racing trick of sorts?
G

I've seen clear trans fluid once before. I think it was Royal Purple. I always thought it was supposed to be purple, but it seems that some quarts are clear. It caused no problems, but it I'd,d make me think twice!

My '73 Dart came to me with Clear Power steering fluid. It is quiet and the P/s works flawlessly. I don't really know what's up with this clear stuff But I think it's Synthetic. My neighbour says his Trans fluid was clear on a new Nissan from the factory.

Trans fluid when exposed to UV sunlight will turn clear. The red in the trans fluid is just a dye.

I've seen a shop have car come to a shop and "ask" for a trans service and when they drained it, it was clear fluid.

Then car owner said their transmission was not working right. The shop saved the old fluid and covered his butt on the original invoice. Car owner backed down from claim.

I wonder if your trans has a bunch of the clear Lucas Trans Fix crud in it. That's just high viscosity oil to build pump pressure in a shot trans.

Proceed carefully.

I called Dynamic racing trans in ct. they said it is likley a racing synthetic. He asked if it was kinda goldish in color , I said it was. He said they used to sell a similar product. Said I could top it off with any high quality synthetic.
Thanks G

-
Back