clhyer! You aren't gonna believe this

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Cal, I got a little freebie thing in the mail yesterday from The Pen Company trying to solicit my business for some company pens. I about fell off my feet when I looked at it.

You know how my powder supplier chose your CNC metal sign for its international newsletter last week? Well, the pen people picked the photo of your Pontiac intake that's on my home page and printed it on the sample pen they sent me along with my name, address, phone number and website info. It looks great too! LOL!!!!!

Anyway, just thought it was funny and quite the coincidence. I'd have to guess based on the last couple of weeks that your parts have some kind of universal appeal. :-D

At forty cents per pen, I doubt if I'll be ordering any but it did look cool.

Not 100% certain but I am thinkin that profile pic on a pen would generate a whole lot more BIZ than an intake? Makes me wanna powder coat everything...but my MinPins would prolly get pissed

Errr AHhh....I did spell PENS correctly...my MINPINS are dogs, MINPIN is short for MINiature PINscher and they would be angry if powder coated......
Didn't know you were a grammarian... but at least its clear now

Make sure you spell "pens" right when you are asking for pictures! LOL!

Wow, come in for a lunch break (yeah, at 3:50 p.m. lol) and get a good laugh to go with the ham sandwich!

Not 100% certain but I am thinkin that profile pic on a pen would generate a whole lot more BIZ than an intake? Makes me wanna powder coat everything...but my MinPins would prolly get pissed

I guess the pen people didn't delve that far into my website 66cuda.

CudaChic, got pics of the pens? :D They sound really cool

Ummmmmmm, no. In fact, Poof the cat batted it off my desk right after I opened it yesterday and I haven't seen it since. Let me dig around in a minute.

Got any pics of the firebird and the pens??? That car is the sweetest pontiac ever!

Mike, I'm sure he'll hook you up but in the meantime I believe there are a couple pictures of Cal's Firebird on my website. You can see it on my home page if you scroll down to the link for "Customers' Rides."

Make sure you spell "pens" right when you are asking for pictures! LOL!

Errr AHhh....I did spell PENS correctly...my MINPINS are dogs, MINPIN is short for MINiature PINscher and they would be angry if powder coated......
Didn't know you were a grammarian... but at least its clear now

LOL @ both of you! 66, bama has that awful habit because of his work as a teacher. [I also have an English degree so am somewhat guilty of that myself once in awhile.] Aside from the fact I've never been asked for pictures of my pen*s (thank God!!!), I guess there's always the outside chance of a first so David's just looking out for my honor. :-D

And talking about the dogs brings up a rather interesting phone call awhile back that should probably be added to the True Stories From The Shop thread. I still laugh every time I think about it.

I'm at the blast cabinet and the phone rings.

"Good afternoon. Phoenix Specialty Coatings."

A very heavy Tennessee accent responds: "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... Do ya'll grooooom daaaawwwwwwwwwwwwgggggggssssss?"

His first and last words lasted three seconds each. I know it took me at least that long to think about what I was just asked.

Trying really hard not to laugh, I said "Excuse me? Did you say groom dogs?"

"Yeahhhh."

"No, I'm sorry sir. This is a custom powder coating shop."

[click]

Okay, I found the pen (Poof helped).

View attachment IMG_2429.jpg

View attachment IMG_2430.jpg

View attachment IMG_2431.jpg

View attachment IMG_2432.jpg

They're pretty nice really as far as pens go. The paperwork says they're available in black or blue ink with a choice of print, font and photo.

I was wrong earlier in thinking it had the phone number and website, but it's just the logo, name and address. www.pens.com has a teeny self-serving ad at the top but that's to be expected in an unsolicited free sample pen I suppose.

I was really thinking about getting some garage-style PSC promo posters made up (see earlier comment re the profile pic) .... but if you guys would really rather have a pen for your workbench then that's fine by me too. :-D

My buddy got the same type of pen with his body shop name on it. He didn't buy any either.

Leanna, nice pen! I get a M&M Tool and Equipment pen like yours every now and then. They usually fall apart in a few weeks. LOL When the pens break, they get thrown away along with your phone number and advertising dollars. I myself prefer calendars that keep your business name and phone number right out front for a whole year. (as you well know) LOL toolman

... and as you well know, I'm inclined to use that phone number since it's right there in front of me. :-D

Point well taken. Thanks guys!

Holy Cow! I was out of pocket for a couple weeks back in the middle of November...
I can't wait to see what you will do with the new pieces headed your way.
C

-
Back