Clicking when braking

-

sfvaliant

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed a clicking sound while braking... I usually only notice it at lower speeds (probably because decrease in ambient noise) and can hear it much better with the window down.

The clicking follows the speed of the car, becoming less frequent as I get closer to stopping... Is this a suspension component or braking component? Maybe a strut rod bushing?

My setup is a bone stock 64 signet if that helps...

I feel like it was making the same sound today while making sharp turns... makes me wonder if it's something else, but I will check the brakes out first... Thanks guys.

If it's only doing while braking, I suspect it's the shoes clicking against the backing plate. I've seen it happen many time if whoever turned the drums used too coarse a setting. The shoes would ride the grooves outward until the return springs had enough tension to make them snap back. Weak return springs can add to that problem.

Thanks guys for all the responses... been insanely busy the past couple weeks and haven't had a chance to look into these yet... will letcha know what the verdict is once i get the chance...

-
Back