Clifford Performance

-

saskatchewan

Reaction score
Over the last 20 years, Clifford Performance has acquired a bad reputation for things like warped castings etc.
Can anyone give me feedback on this?
I am wondering if it would be better to deal with either AusieSpeed or Offenhauser in terms of intake manifold, exhaust, valve cover, etc?
Thanks

I bought a 4 barrel plate to install on one of their intakes, granted the intake was over 35 years old. The plate would not line up with the bolt holes no matter how it was orientated. I called Clifford & the now owner, not old man Clifford told me it wasn't his problem.

A used clifford is better than an offy for all out performance.
An Offy can be ordered from Summit with a reasonable assurance it will be a good part.
Ausiespeed has a much better selection.
Clifford has been known to take orders and wait to produce the product.
They have little in stock since the move to the northeast from cali.
My 2 cents worth of advice.

@slantsixdan can share several links where they show their horrible customer service. I tagged him so maybe he'll chime in.

But my understanding has been their customer service was what sucked and their products were ok.

Ah Yes, the old monthly trash Clifford thread.
Never had an issue getting any parts from them.
All came boxed nicely, and on time.
Imagine that. Unleash the diarrhea !!!!!!

Car pics 004.jpg

Ah Yes, the old monthly trash Clifford thread.
Never had an issue getting any parts from them.
All came boxed nicely, and on time.
Imagine that. Unleash the diarrhea !!!!!!

View attachment 1715988716
Showoff. lol

Here's my complaint. I've called them a few times with questions regarding individual parts. They came across like if I didn't buy the entire kit, I was an idiot......and pretty much in those terms. Turned me off like a switch.

I mean seriously, we all know I'm an idiot already. They didn't have to run it in the ground.

Jack was a good man and a racer, he knew the deal.
Back in the late 70's early 80's they had a ton of slant parts.
I even bought a billet steel 10 inch flywheel from them.
Headers, cams, intakes, even heads for a time.
Nothing stays the same.

I bought from Jack a 4 barrel intake, carb adapter and long tube headers for a power steering equipped 65 Dart in 1984. Quick shipping for everything and great tech support right from Jack himself - not from some order-taker. Times have certainly changed!!

Be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective. You don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.

Be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective. You don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.
The offerings from AusieSpeed do look like the best available options for intake manifolds. And I have used Dutra Duals in the past and was happy with them.

Over the last 20 years, Clifford Performance has acquired a bad reputation for things like warped castings etc.
I am wondering if it would be better to deal with either AusieSpeed or Offenhauser in terms of intake manifold, exhaust, valve cover, etc?
Thanks
I have all clifford P stuff on my slant. I love every thing I bought it works great!

Thanks
FB_IMG_1664238833611.jpg

I bought my twin Webber from Larry and fit and never had a issue. I just bought a another conversion for a bel air six cylinder and was supposed to be bolt on , I had to mod one header cause it ran into the motor mount. besides that I had no issue. and he had my lifters resurfaced and was very prompt . like anything its has to be fitted .

im not sure but think it was offenhauser but they sell the intake that leaks from the coolant plugs , and they know it for the flat six I did a dual carb swap. and they know its a issue and they sell it any way , was over 10 years ago , idk if it resolved butt if I would have known I would of welded the thing up before installing

-
Back