Clutch and brake pedals

-

CudaCraig

Reaction score
Why do my pedals not line up.. I have taken them out and compared to another set and they are exact copies. same bend same everything.. clutch comes back to the rubber stop . And brake works perfectly with brake light switch.. repeat, they are NOT bent . It is a heavy duty set up with needle bearings, not plastic or brass bushing. 68 factory big block ..

24416B60-C1B0-41C4-A03C-250400272789.jpeg

96DAD313-99F6-4766-A041-2C5793C126E8.jpeg

Mine is just the opposite. The brake pedal in lower than the clutch pedal.
69 340 with power disc.
I have seen the pedals even and offset, but also don't know the reason why.

102_5765.JPG

Mine is like 694spd's. About 3/4" difference. Had this since '80, noticed it back then and haven't thought about it since till you posted...........
upload_2020-3-29_11-21-46.png

I have never worried about it. Very few vehicles I've driven, either Mopar or "other" had the pedals line up. As someone else mentioned, power and manual brakes are different, as well

This car never stops amazing me . There must have been no quality control in those days.. close enough , give me a pry bar and a hammer .

.....There must have been no quality control in those days.. close enough , give me a pry bar and a hammer .
A quick search indicates other domestic and foreign car makes with the same issue. Many are newer.

Mine is just the opposite. The brake pedal in lower than the clutch pedal.
69 340 with power disc.
I have seen the pedals even and offset, but also don't know the reason why.

View attachment 1715496176

I am a B-body guy mostly and with power brakes the brake pedal sits almost 2" closer towards the firewall compared to a manual brake set up.

To the OP - is your clutch pedal fully returning to the full up position? can you pull it towards the driver's seat and it lifts up and stays up? You can take out that slop with the adjustment rod at the fork

yes it.s up against rubber stop with about 1/2 free play for throw out bearing release . I will just live with it being it's somewhat normal . no power brakes either , by the way

My 67 Barracuda was like that after I replaced the master cylinder. I have manual fixed caliper disc brakes. I found out I did not have the rubber ring on the end of the brake push rod all the way inserted into the master cylinder. I agree with the guys, I don’t think it’s a big deal but something to check if you desire.

-
Back