Clutch/Brake Pedal Assembly Removal- 69 Dart

-

Franko

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience removing a Clutch/Brake Assembly from a 69 Dart? I am trying to remove this assembly on a 1969 Swinger. I have all of the bolts removed and have loosened the steering column. But the assembly won't pull back far enough for the bolts that secure the master cylinder, to clear the firewall. It is hitting a bracket that seems to be attached higher up in the dash. Do I have to remove the instrument cluster and then will be able to see where this bracket attaches or am I missing something simple? Also will I have to remove the steering column or can I just pull it down enough to get the assembly out?

Thanks for any advice.

Does anybody have any experience removing a Clutch/Brake Assembly from a 69 Dart? I am trying to remove this assembly on a 1969 Swinger. I have all of the bolts removed and have loosened the steering column. But the assembly won't pull back far enough for the bolts that secure the master cylinder, to clear the firewall. It is hitting a bracket that seems to be attached higher up in the dash. Do I have to remove the instrument cluster and then will be able to see where this bracket attaches or am I missing something simple? Also will I have to remove the steering column or can I just pull it down enough to get the assembly out?

Thanks for any advice.

Take the bolts out of the steering column, including the ones that hold it to the firewall and let it drop down. This will give you a bit more room to see what may be in the way.

The trick now is to put the LARGE spring back in without compromising the steel integrity. I did it by wedging several flat blade screwdrivers into the spring. this made the spring long enough to easily install. I lined up the spring hooked it and installed the pin then remove the screwdrivers one at a time. This was the easiest way to do it..

-
Back