clutch fan for slant 6

-
Checked their website and the only one that would fit my '66 Valiant was the Flexalite 5557. I figured if it would fit a '66 it would fit any other model since the fan is so tight on mine. Hope this helps.

yes it is my avatar. 76 valiant with ac .there is a shroud. i know mopar did have a 5 blade clutch fan at one time, i wonder if its the same one still available.i would like to keep the ac as it still works good.

I don't have a Clutch Fan on my Slant Six cars. However I do use the Factory 22 inch HD Cooling Radiator, Fan Shroud ,and Factory 7 Blade Fan and have had 0 cooling issues with A/C. I did have to have my Radiator cored out due to lots of crap build up in it.

Hope this helps,
Later,
Bruce B.

A clutch fan has nothing to do with cooling performance. It's function is to prevent the wasted HP and fuel used to spin the fan when it is not needed.

:-D

Haven't tried one in an early A yet, but I do plan to.

nhi4%20005.JPG

Viscous fan package. We now get 2 mpg better than before. This is why we run solid motor mounts also.
towermisc%20008.JPG

This is the package from jeggies, only one listed. Hope this helps Don.
PN# 312-P4120758 =P~

solid motor mounts, what are the benefits? help plant power maybe im guessing?

Yes, but I'm sure what Twister is referring to is keeping the fan from getting into the radiator under "extreme conditions". Under really hard braking, I'm guessing Twister's fan clutch could tag the fins if he had rubber mounts. That clutch looks really, really close to the rad...

Hey Twist, if you get a chance could you run a tape measure alongside that fan/clutch assembly from the front of the water pump pulley?

solid motor mounts, what are the benefits? help plant power maybe im guessing?

Hello Justin as vynn3 said this fan package is a little on the close side.
The benefits are less movement in the drive line, helps allot off the starting line at the strip. My 60' was 2.3 with the rubber mounts with the solid ones it ran 2.1 consistently. Nice little gain I think!! The solid mounts can be chromed or powder coated to match a paint scheme.
towermisc%20012.JPG

Yes, but I'm sure what Twister is referring to is keeping the fan from getting into the radiator under "extreme conditions". Under really hard braking, I'm guessing Twister's fan clutch could tag the fins if he had rubber mounts. That clutch looks really, really close to the rad...

Hey Twist, if you get a chance could you run a tape measure alongside that fan/clutch assembly from the front of the water pump pulley?
Yes I sure will.

-
Back