Clutch Gap?

-

DustyEd

Reaction score
Just need to know what gap to adjust the clutch/flywheel clearance in my '70 Duster 340. It's been 8+ years since I adjusted my son's B-body, which I "think" was set at .040". Is this correct?

more or less , you want to set it so you have aprox 1 inch free play at the pedal so if 40 thou gives you that it's good

Yep, about that much. I don't measure but check the throw out bearing to pressure plate finger gap at rest. Just some, not too much. Probably around 1/8". Cycle the pedal a few times and look check again.

Take it out & put a few miles on it to seat the disc & pressure plate, then recheck your clearance. If it fells good where it is, go with it.

MP say's .060" for a B&B. I use that as a starting point and adjust down from there. My LW bell is an old 3 piece BTW. Important to not over adjust and bottom out the fingers, possibly bending them.

I just got through installing a 10 1/2 B & B in a 72 duster 340 car, We set it at .040 initially & drove it about 60 miles neighborhood stop & go & some highway speeds. I was quite happy with it & so was the customer. I let it go out the door.

-
Back