Clutch intermittently goes to floor

-

chasb

Reaction score
A833 4 speed with Passon overdrive gear set and McCleod hydraulic clutch system (all from Passon Performance)

Clutch repeatedly goes to the floor , not allowing me to engage any gear. This has of course happened in the middle of traffic or on some busy street when I am in the middle lane and can't get to the curb., etc etc.

I know I have a small tranny seal leak, but it is hardly noticeable.

Besides the obvious low tranny fluid response, is there anything else that anyone has experienced that might give me a clue to a solution.

BTW Passon was of little help.,

Does it work sometimes and sometimes not? Sounds like air in the slave cylinder or an internal seal in the slave taking a dump.
Or the adjustment is off alowing the pedal to go to far over center for the spring under your dash to bring it back.
Not claiming to be an expert here, just some educated guesses.

Does it work sometimes and sometimes not? Sounds like air in the slave cylinder or an internal seal in the slave taking a dump.
Or the adjustment is off alowing the pedal to go to far over center for the spring under your dash to bring it back.
Not claiming to be an expert here, just some educated guesses.

Yes it is intermittent. How do I check for air in the slave cylinder?

Im putting it up on the lift Saturday to replace the tranny seal

When you say you have a "tranny leak" what are you actually referring too? If you mean in the hydraulic clutch system a leak can allow air to keep getting into the system so the leak must be stopped. If your just referring to a leaking transmission that won't affect the clutch. Could be a slave cylinder going bad like Kocuda said. I haven't worked on many of them but they work like a brake master cylinder and I've seen them do that a few times when their bad.

-
Back