Clutch linkage problems

-

CudaCraig

Reaction score
1968 383 4speed Barracuda. engine is 1970 bell is correct yr , new clutch and pressure plate and throw out . adjusting rod is not long enough , it is 7.5 , also new correct bell crank . is there a special fork? i'm frustrated in Wi. any ideas thanks Craig

I'll try to be more precise on my problem. I bought everything new. the rod from the peddle to the bb z bar and ball with spacer on correct bell. new adjusting rod 7.5 inches long . But it doesn't line up or is not long enough to reach clutch fork. I am stumped thought maybe fork is wrong. Do they make a special BB fork ??? Have not been able to find one at any after market site . thanks in advance for any HELP

With the bellows removed from the window in the BH, where is the fork front edge,relative to the front edge of the window. In other words how much room is between those two, in approximate inches? Like 1.5", or .3" etc
With a 10.5 inch BnB, the fork should just barely have room to put the bellows in.
A 10.5" CenterForce diaphragm has a bit more room, not much but Ima thinking no more than 1/2 on mine.

I sold my big block 69 last year so I can't help you. Sorry

1968 383 4speed Barracuda. engine is 1970 bell is correct yr , new clutch and pressure plate and throw out . adjusting rod is not long enough , it is 7.5 , also new correct bell crank . is there a special fork? i'm frustrated in Wi. any ideas thanks Craig[/QUOTE
call brewers thet are way helpful on this

-
Back